Folic acid after methotrexate for ectopic

KimmyB

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm searching for any ladies out there in a similar situation to me. I had my ectopic in October and had Methotrexate (then surgery as the metho didn't work) So my 3 month wait is almost over before we can start ttc again (so scared). I've been taking 400mcg folic acid for a few weeks now, how much are you ladies taking? I'm so scared incase we do conceive (i just can't see it happening however) and this stupic methotrexate is somehow still in my system. I don't think I'm strong enough for another loss :cry:

Sorry if this post upsets anyone, I just didn't know where else to post.

Thanks in advance,
x

have answered in the other thread :)

Hi hunni we spoke before re methotrexate, im on doctors dose of 400mg and also Vit B100 dose of 400mg so altogether taking 800mg after being stripped of reserve.

Thanx fluffyblue (and Dali, I thanked you in other post, though i would post on both boards just incase!)

Yes I remember you fluffyblue, how u doin hun? you ttc yet? I am looking forward to it in a kinda scared outa my mind way! Luckily my cycles have gone back to normal almost straight away so will start ttc in a week or so. I've been taking the usual dose of folic acid for a few weeks but just today started a all in 1 prenatal vitamin that has the folic acid aswell as 18 other things. I know it's probably just manufactured so that worry pots like me buy it but it can't do any harm can it?
Hope you're well hun
x

Thanx fluffyblue (and Dali, I thanked you in other post, though i would post on both boards just incase!)

Yes I remember you fluffyblue, how u doin hun? you ttc yet? I am looking forward to it in a kinda scared outa my mind way! Luckily my cycles have gone back to normal almost straight away so will start ttc in a week or so. I've been taking the usual dose of folic acid for a few weeks but just today started a all in 1 prenatal vitamin that has the folic acid aswell as 18 other things. I know it's probably just manufactured so that worry pots like me buy it but it can't do any harm can it?
Hope you're well hun
x

THink the term NTNP more than TTC as dont really wanna risk the folic acid thing really. Im not scared anymore about losses as there have been so many and I know its cruel but i believe I will have to suffer again to get there :shrug: thats just life !

I take Pregnacare as well which is really good but have run out and cant get em till Friday so im taking prescription ones. They are quite good i have heard.

I think im gonna enjoy xmas and see the RMC in January and then TTC again as it will have been 3 months mid to late Jan.

Started concentrating on getting my management career back on track again which has taken my mind of it as well. Am staying with the same company but cus we are so big we have loads of jobs goin so exploring my options...

Good for you hun, i'm trying to take my mind off it but it's difficult. Thought about going back to education or something, i duno. Will see what happens I guess. Sounds awful but I can't help feeling that I'll lose the next one aswell, really overwhelming feeling. But i know there's nothing I can do about that anyway
take care
x

Its perfectly normal Kimmy to feel that way and in some way dulls the pain but it also dulls the enjoyment of finding out you are pregnant.

I do feel tho after each loss I have learnt something more and in a way it keeps inspiring me to try again so somewhere muddled in the middle is some sense !

I do believe I will get there this year and now I have help before and after conception someway somehow they will get me there lol !!

I have everything crossed for your BFP fluffyblue, you deserve is so much, especially after all you've been through
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->