Folic acid after methotrexate for ectopic

KimmyB

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm searching for any ladies out there in a similar situation to me. I had my ectopic in October and had Methotrexate (then surgery as the metho didn't work) So my 3 month wait is almost over before we can start ttc again (so scared). I've been taking 400mcg folic acid for a few weeks now, how much are you ladies taking? I'm so scared incase we do conceive (i just can't see it happening however) and this stupic methotrexate is somehow still in my system. I don't think I'm strong enough for another loss :cry:

Sorry if this post upsets anyone, I just didn't know where else to post.

Thanks in advance,
x

hun i was in almost the same situation as you ( the metho worked for me) , i seriously thought the 3 month wait was gonna kill me, infact my cycle didnt come back until alomst 3 months after the ectopic so had to wait a further 3 months ( 3 cylcles) to TTC. but got pg almost straight away, i spent the whole pregnancy checking the loo paperafter wiping and panicing about everything, i was so worried it was going to go wrong again.... anyway i had a healthy lil boy who is now 21 months old and i adore more than anything :)

after 3 months the metho should be out of your system, if your cycles are back properly then i would go ahead aand TTC, but if they arnt maybe wait a lil longer, or maybe wait an extra month just to be sure it has left your system if you are still worried.

i am so sorry for your loss, i hope you get pg again soon and have a great pregnancy and healthy baby :)
i know the wait is crippling but your baby will be so worth all this pain , i promise that :)

Thanx for that Dali, I love stories like that :) so inspiring! I'm glad things worked out for you.
Did you take the usual dose of folic acid then? My cycles are back to normal, 25 day cycle, just had my second period. So that's one thing I'm glad of!
x

yeah i just took the normal folic acid for pre TTC ( same as during early pregnancy) with your cycles back to normal im sure you will get there in no time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->