Folic Acid help

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
:hi::hi::hi: Hi girlies I am joining you in here now woohoo! I had the implant removed today (ouch!) and she said it will be out of my system within 72 hours - great news :)

She told me to start taking folic acid straight away, only problem is that I cant swallow tablets! So I am looking online for a liquid form and theres allsorts out there and I dot know what is best, wether to just take folic acid, or a preconception multi vitamin type thing that has iron in it also.

Can someone point me in the right direction please ?

I'll get some links and you can tell me whats best

cheers girls

xxxxxx

:headspin:

Im bad with this stuff. I should be taking my folic but I keep forgetting. But I just take pills. I just know we are suppose to take 500mg of Folic acid a day. Can you put the pill in a piece of food and take it that way?

Iv ordered something it has iron in it aswell, which should be good and help me stop feeling so tired all the time, Im not even pg yet and Im always tired, sO I'll see how it goes! Im terrible at remembering to take things too, I'll have to set a daily alarm lol

You can get some tiny tiny folic acid tablets from boots, they're about the size of a sweetner, if that's any good? They look like they're in the same thing as sweetners too

Yea i got them mynxie .. they are sooo easy to take. But i got mine from holland and barrett .. was about £3 for 250 .. bargain.

Im really bad for remembering to take tablets.

Lauz, if you can try and eat foods with folic acid in them. You will find things like cereals will have it added so you dont need to worry too much about taking extra supplements (or if you forget)

My consultant told me that since i didnt smoke, i dont need to worry too much if i forget.
Apparently, if youre a smoker you need a higher dose of folic acid as your body doesnt absorb it as well.

Which foods are high in folic acid?
Good sources
  • Orange and tomato juices
  • Oranges
  • Fresh strawberries
  • Banana
  • Grapefruit
  • Spinach
  • Asparagus
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Green peas
  • Romaine
  • Broccoli
Tip: Prevent the loss of folic acid while cooking by steaming, microwaving or stir-frying your fresh vegetables.

Source: https://www.ivillage.co.uk/pregnancyandbaby/pregnancy/nutritionpreg/articles/0,,10_161111,00.html

Which foods are high in folic acid?
Good sources
  • Orange and tomato juices
  • Oranges
  • Fresh strawberries
  • Banana
  • Grapefruit
  • Spinach
  • Asparagus
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Green peas
  • Romaine
  • Broccoli
Tip: Prevent the loss of folic acid while cooking by steaming, microwaving or stir-frying your fresh vegetables.

Source: https://www.ivillage.co.uk/pregnancyandbaby/pregnancy/nutritionpreg/articles/0,,10_161111,00.html

Thanks hun! I eat loads of brocoli anyway. when I was pg with Ella I was craving grapefruit and orange juice, probably craving what my body needed! Will be a good girl and start eating healthily, not been that good recently too many take-aways as our oven has broken!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->