Folic Acid/prenatal vits

skweek35

Reaction score
I'm having my implant out next Friday and we are planning on starting to TTC as soon as we have moved (House is not even on the market yet). Hoping to move in the next 4 months.
When should I start taking prenatal vits/folic acid?

As soon as you like, I started mine the day I stopped taking my pill. It's a good idea to start as soon as you think you conceive, I really liked the ppregnacare ttc ones.

I'd say now. I started prenatal vits 1 year before even ttc! Still taking them now. No harm in taking them ASAP and you'll be in the habit once baby is on board! :) good luck with the house and ttc!

I'm not ttcing but I take a daily one vitamin for women and it had 400 mcg's of folic acid.

Doctor's recommend that you take folic acid at least 3 months before TTC. So it wouldn't be a bad idea to start now, or at least in the next month or so.

We plan to start TTC next month and I started taking mine in January.

There's no harm in taking them really early but naturally the sooner the better

My Gyn wants me to take them a year out from TTC. Right now I take a multivitamin and Vit D3 because my levels are always low. So I try to keep everything balanced now and I will just switch to the prenatal one year out.

Pretty much like everyone said, it's good to take prenatals months before TTC so it can be successful for a pregnancy. Also, it helps your hair and nails grow faster too!:winkwink:

I started taking mine in February, mostly to use them up before they expired. I don't see a reason you can't take them a while before you even start TTC. It's not like they're bad for you.

Im not ttc until dec and already taking folic acid does no harm

I started taking mine about 2 weeks ago, still currently taking contraceptive pill. Will stop the pill as soon as we move which could potentially be in a week but if not then will still carry on with the vitamins until we do move x

What folic acid and prenatal vits are people taking? I want to start as planning on TTC in July :)

I started taking them before I graduated from college- probably around 2009? My major was child development though, and my professors were always telling us that even if there was only a tiny chance we could get pregnant, folic acid should be taken daily. I've been with my H since 2005 (only married since 2012 though) and started taking them as soon as I knew how important they were just in case we had an "oops." :) Can't hurt to start early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->