Folic Acid

WhosThatGirl

Mommy of 4 amazing kids!
Reaction score
For those of you TTC.. are you talking prenatals? And if so are you talking additional folic acid or are you just sticking with the folic acid in the prenatals? Does anybody know the suggested dose for ttc or early pregnancy? Thanks!

im just taking folic acid....i think some girlies use pregnacare. think its with vitamins with folic acid. also for men zinc :)

normal folic acid is normally one tablet a day.
i use folic plus where u take 3 tablets a day with food.

Hi I am taking a woman's multi vitamin which has folic acid in it and 800 mg folic acid as well. My dr always tells me to take the folic acid since i'm ttc. As soon as I become pregnant I will switch over to prenatals, they just made me feel so sick when I was pregnant with my daughter I'm waiting as long as I can.

I have Blackmore Conceive Well Gold and i think it has 500mg of folic acid which i believe is the recommended daily dose while TTC, ideally you should take these for about 3 months prior to conceiving.

I got some from the pharmacy called 'Preconceive' - these are folic acid too. You just take 1 every day (until about 12 weeks into your pregnancy, I think).
x

I thought it was 400mg a day (200% of the normal RDA).

You do get some folic acid from food as well (some breakfast cereals and green veg I think).

This is all I took (and am taking now).

I am taking prenatals and they have 800mcg of folic acid. So I am assumng this is enough for while I am ttc as well then.

the recommended dose is 400 mcg (micrograms not mg which is miligrams) per day.
this increases to 5mg if you have ever had a baby with a neural tube defect, or have it in your close family.
folic acid should not be taken alone, but with other B vitamins

i take pregnacare once a day which is a multi-vit containing folic acid.

Since your prenatal vitamins have 800mcg, you are good to go.

I just picked up some new prenatals today called Rainbow Light Prenatal One. They have a ton of B vitamins in them, along with 800mcg of Folic Acid. I read lots of good reviews - everyone said they were really gentle on the stomach which will help if/when I get morning sickness! :rofl:

:dust:

Hey Jewels.. What part of Seattle are you in? I live in Marysville just about 35 miles north of Seattle!! Where did you buy the Rainbow Light prenatals at? All i can find is like store brand prenatals it seems.

Hey Jewels.. What part of Seattle are you in? I live in Marysville just about 35 miles north of Seattle!! Where did you buy the Rainbow Light prenatals at? All i can find is like store brand prenatals it seems.

Hey I'm sorry it took so long to respond! I just saw your post. I am in Redmond! It's funny, it seems like I've seen many Washingtonians on B&B lately!

To answer your question, I found my prenatal vitamins at Walgreens, but I've also seen them at Bartells too. Hope that helps! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->