Folic Acid ...

mom and ttc

Reaction score
Any of you took Folic Acid and are pregnant with Twins? Or took Folic Acid and not pregnant with twins?

I took folic acid right up to 16 weeks and then went on pregnacare and am at 22 weeks now.

I took folic acid right up to 16 weeks and then went on pregnacare and am at 22 weeks now.

with twins?
i heard if you take 400-1000 mg of folic acid up to three month before getting pregnant your chances more than double getting pregnant w twins

I was on it before I got pregnant with bubs here and its only the one in there. I was put on higher dosage of it also. I'm not sure if it increases your chances of having twins tho. Might be worth checking it out with your doc.

I took folic acid when TTC with both and up until 16 weeks and only one baby both times :shrug:

I took folic acid when TTC and I'm still taking it in my vitamin now and I'm only having one. It's best practice to take it 3 months before ttc to prevent spina bifida, never heard it have an effect on twins.

Folic acid doesn't change your ovulation. It just helps the spinal cord form. Out of my 3 planned pregnancies (1 I was on the pill so never took folic acid before hand), I have conceived 1 set of fraternal twins and 2 singletons. Took folic acid for 1-2 months before hand each time.

I started taking folic acid 400mg back in November, got pregnant in February and was told I could stop taking it at 12 weeks as it doesn't do anything after this time? But yeah only the one in there :)

I've always taken folic acid while ttc, and yes I've had twin pregnancies but ive never heard or read folic acid would increase the likely hood of having twins??

Never heard of it affecting multiple pregnancies?
It's for preventing spina bifida, well that's why I've been taking it!

I had been on prescription strength 5 milligrams folic acid for about 7 months when I got pregnant with twins.

The 400-1000 figure is surely micrograms, not milligrams. Most prenatals have 400 or 800 micrograms per tablet. You can only get strengths over 1mg from a prescription. Toxic effects are seen at doses of 15mg.

Source

Im not sure where this has came from but never heard of it and I took folic acid along side pregnacare before I got pregnant with my first and it was only one. I haven't heard of anything relating to folic acid increasing chances of twins

with twins?
i heard if you take 400-1000 mg of folic acid up to three month before getting pregnant your chances more than double getting pregnant w twins

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->