folic acid

Mynxie

Reaction score
Read somewhere, can't remember where off top of my head though... that the more folic acid you have in your body, the better your chances of concieving are, and that you're not to have more than 1000mg of folic acid in total

I read this during our harder times & tbh in the end just stuck to pregnacare as you can take this from TTC til babies born.

xx

I am sure that Folic Acid is fine no matter how much you have of it, as long as you are only talking one supplement a day and no more, any extra natural folic Acid that you get in your foods/diet are fine in any amount! x

yeh, i have never heard of having too much folic acid... dont think it could do any harm.

No ....

I read the 1000mg whist I was looking up help with problems conceiving etc but it should be around 400mg

QUOTE:
Unless you are pregnant or thinking of having a baby, you should be able to get all the folate you need by eating a varied and balanced diet.

If you're taking folic acid supplements, it's important not to take too much because this could be harmful.

Taking 1 mg (1000 micrograms) or less of folic acid supplements a day is unlikely to cause any harm.

https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/nutritionessentials/vitaminsandminerals/folicacid/

That's what I was saying, you should only take one supplement a day, BUT it doen't matter how much more folic acid you take in your natural diet as it will not cause any problems ;) I know this as I was taking the Pro Natal and I asked about this & calcium as I had a very high folic acid intake at the time (compared to the average person) and almost zilch calcium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->