Follicle check tomorrow- irrationally nervous

Laurana

Working on #4
Reaction score
I have an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow morning- with any luck, I will have one or more beautiful follicles and get to use the trigger shot followed by IUI on Friday. I am REALLY nervous. I am afraid the timing is off- like this scan will be too early or worse - too late. I didn't use OPKs this month yet, I'm only CD9 today- but this is my first clomid cycle - and some people O early on clomid- and I'm (sorry tmi) rather wet today. I'm afraid my follicles will be to big or too small. I'm afraid I won't even have a follicle! I'm am totally irrationally freaked out. What the heck? Is this hormones screwing with me or just stress of ttc?

Anyone ever feel this way?

Hi!
I hope you get to hear that you have wonderful follies!!!
Hoping and wishing the best for you.
I cant wait for my period to start so I can continue with my injectibles + iui this month.

Good luck!

It's totally normal to be nervous and anxious! I just had my pretreatment scan before IVF and I was absolutely sure that I had no follicles and nearly passed out when she saw that I had 10! We have some much resting on so many factors so kinda normal to think that something will go wrong. It's just the stress of ttc.

Baby dust to everyone.

I have an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow morning- with any luck, I will have one or more beautiful follicles and get to use the trigger shot followed by IUI on Friday. I am REALLY nervous. I am afraid the timing is off- like this scan will be too early or worse - too late. I didn't use OPKs this month yet, I'm only CD9 today- but this is my first clomid cycle - and some people O early on clomid- and I'm (sorry tmi) rather wet today. I'm afraid my follicles will be to big or too small. I'm afraid I won't even have a follicle! I'm am totally irrationally freaked out. What the heck? Is this hormones screwing with me or just stress of ttc?

Anyone ever feel this way?

It has been my experience that it is best to do that monitoring ultrasound earlier than later. I did an injectible/IUI cycle this month. My ultrasound was on cd 7, triggered on cd8, IUI on cd 9.

If it is early, they can do the math when the count the follicles to figure out what day they will need to trigger on, or even do another ultrasound. If it is done too late, your follicles could turn into cysts.

It's totally natural to be nervous. I was afraid we would get too many or too few and we would have to cancel the IUI.

Thank you guys for the support- I start feeling so crazy sometimes! But the good news is I have THREE good follicles- a 19 and two 18s! My lining looks good and the Dr thinks I have a good, normal 20% chance this time around! :happydance:

I had a baseline scan last week (we haven't started stimming yet) and the doctor said I had one follicle at 23mm in my right ovary which would be this months ovulation and 4 others with it and my left ovary had 3 follicles. So 8 follicles in total.

I am now worrying (as I have done every step of the way so far) that this number of follicles is low? I've been reading up and lots of pages say 8 follicles (without meds) is low and indicates a poor response to gonal F medication?

I didn't even know this was a factor and now I'm worrying myself :'(

I had a baseline scan last week (we haven't started stimming yet) and the doctor said I had one follicle at 23mm in my right ovary which would be this months ovulation and 4 others with it and my left ovary had 3 follicles. So 8 follicles in total.

I am now worrying (as I have done every step of the way so far) that this number of follicles is low? I've been reading up and lots of pages say 8 follicles (without meds) is low and indicates a poor response to gonal F medication?

I didn't even know this was a factor and now I'm worrying myself :'(

I'm sorry I don't know much of anything about gonal f. A 23mm follicle is really good though... And if you trigger some smaller ones can likely catch up and ovulate as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->