Follicle size / lining cd 11 - is this good? bad??

purplite

Reaction score
Hi all

On second cycle of clomid, first cycle being monitored. I went in on CD 11 today and have two 16mm follicles on right side (and one 12mm) and one 14mm on the left side. Lining is only 5.6mm but doc doesn't seem too concerned. Is this too many follicles? I have no idea. He wants me to come in to remeasure on Monday morning with the plans of triggering them if they are up to 18-20mm which he assumes they will be. I have no clue how many is a lot/a little....

I didn't want to read and run but have NO experience at this. But I think 3 good sized follicles is a good start? If the doc seems optimistic and happy with how things are progressing I would take that :)

Good luck! :flow:

Perhaps LTTC would be a better board to ask.

The more follicles the more targets for the swimmers! My first monitored cycle I had 2 19mm and 1 16mm on day 11. So pretty similar to you! Good luck!

Most iv'e had is 2, one was 22mm, the other was 14mm- neither fertilised.
Each other scan there's only been one.
The two were both on the left side, the one was on the right.
Lining was always 8+mm.
I had an hsg this month so no meds, and looking like no Ov happening this month :\

I don't have any direct experience with this, but from what I do know, that's a slightly high number of maturing follicles. Ideally you only want one large one, maybe 2, to avoid a multiple pregnancy or hyperstimulation problems. But that said, the smaller ones may well fail and you only end up with one or two of the biggest becoming fully mature. The follicles should get to at least 20mm before triggering, that will take a couple of days (they say they grow at 1-2 mm per day), and that gives your lining more time to get ready as well. The lining grows in response to the high levels of estrogen produced by the follicles, so that should be better by the time you trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->