Follistim question?

Sophie2015

Reaction score
Anyone have ridiculously sore breasts after using Follistim? I am 3dpiui and my breasts are unbelievably sore. I am also on progesterone but my breast tenderness started the day before my IUI and before I started progesterone. I've only been on P4 for a day. It has to be the Follistim. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I'm on Gonal F for an IVF but the med is pretty much the same as Follistim. I'm popping out of my bras and they are definetly tender. Are yours usually sore around ovulation? Mine normally are, so it's just an amplified version of that with the meds. Hope it goes away soon for you (or stays indicating a pregnancy) and you have success with the IUI.

Yes Gonal F and Follistim are the same. Both FSH just different brand name. Mine are never sore at OV but last month was my first Follistim month. I over responded and my nipples were on fire. That cycle resulted in a chemical. This month I over responded again despite the lower dose. My E2 wasn't as high but I still ended up with 7 follicles. Maybe my sore breasts are due to the consecutive months on Follistim?! My progesterone started feeling high the day before OV (sore breasts and constipation - odd for me at OV) and it's not any better 3 dpiui. Fingers crossed!
Thank you for responding. Good luck with your IVF. Sending you lots of baby dust.

Could be. How many days were you on Follistim this time? My E2 was just at over 2,000 today (more than double two days ago) and my boobs are definetly more sore today then they have been. So if you were over responding that could have done it indirectly as well.

So sorry about the chemical and your other miscarriages. Those are never easy. Hugs and fingers crossed for you.

The first cycle I was on it 8 days and was growing so many follicles they triggered me early to try and prevent a multiples pregnancy. My E2 was over 2200 when they triggered me. This cycle I was on it for 9 days and still grew 7 follicles but my E2 stayed lower. It was 1321 at time of trigger. Much better for IUI although 7 follies is still a lot. I'm 43 though so the assumption is my eggs are all bad. If I was younger both IUIs would have been cancelled due to multiples risk.
I hope your ivf works!!!!

I was going to say that 7 follicles seemed like a lot for an IUI but that makes sense why it was done. Glad your E2 went down the second time. I'm a bit worried about mine because they decided to stim me for two more days with the hope my smaller follicles will catch up.

I think for an IVF cycle stimming you 2 more days sounds exactly right. How many follies do you have so far?

Today is day 10 of stims so that will be 12 days total. It makes sense but I'm just a tad worried about the E2 level doubling every 2 days. Depending on who the ultrasound tech is they measure follicles differently since some will measure the super small ones. I'm at between 20-25 follicles now but only three are above 17mm. They want more to catch up. I just don't want to end up with OHSS. Keeping my fingers crossed.

My E2 has doubled every 2 days each time. Last cycle when it was so high (for an IUI) they lowered my dose and my E2 still doubled but my follicles stalled out so that they were all 14-16.
Have they lowered your dose at all? If not it sounds like your dominant follicles might be taking over. I pray you don't get OHSS!!! Please keep me updated. So good to chat with someone. When is your next appointment?

Thanks. This is helpful. My next appointment isn't until Wednesday. They didn't lower my dosage at all. I'm going to call and see if I can get in tomorrow to see where we are at. I really feel like I should be triggering tomorrow instead of Wednesday or atleast have another blood test to check everything. If my E2 is already at 2000 and they might not do retrieval until Friday that scares me. I asked about it but the nurse didn't seem concerned.

Every clinic does things differently but I am surprised you aren't being monitored with labs and an ultrasound every 2 days. My clinic does labs & ultrasound every 2 days and then titrates my FSH dose based on my E2 results plus ultrasound. With you being so close I'd think they'd want to see what your body is doing before Wednesday.
Are your smaller follicles close in size to your 3 larger ones? If so they might catch up. If not I'm not sure they will. Is this your first IVF cycle? Sorry for all the questions. I really hope it works out for you!!

It is my first IVF so I'm sure that doesn't help matters. I am being monitored every other day. Last one was yesterday and next is tomorrow. I'm just a bit surprised they didn't do everyday since my levels are creeping up there. However I have 11 follicles that should be at the appropriate size on Friday so I agree it's best to wait for retrieval then. Just a bit worried. Based on what I read I don't think decreasing dosages of meds now will help.

When is your beta set for?

Okay. Every other day is fine I think. Hopefully you'll have lots of eggs Friday!!

No beta unless my urine test is positive. I won't test til next Wednesday. 😕

Not too long of a wait for you then. Though I'm sure it will still feel like an eternity. Good luck!

Mine started getting sore just before ovulation from the estrogen rise and then in the 2ww got worse. its normal.

Ok good to know. My E2 was a lot higher last month but I didn't have any breast tenderness so I was surprised this month when I did

BronteForever- How was your appointment yesterday?

My follicles jumped up in size quite a bit so I have 15 over 17 mm now. I triggered last night and have retrieval tomorrow. My E2 was only 3,500 so not too bad and I triggered with Lupron to help avoid OHSS. I'm feeling pretty good. There were a few follicles that were over 24 mm so those might have gotten a bit too big but the majority are in a good range. Yay!!

BronteForever- been thinking about you. I'm not familiar with the ivf process but wondered how you were doing and if you had any good news? FX'd for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->