Follow on milk or normal?

leannehurren

Reaction score
Wondered if Many people switched over to the follow on milk at 6 months?

We didn't with Lucas. Mainly because we had such trouble finding one in the first place that didn't give him constipation or a rash so we thought we'd play it safe and just keep it the same :)

we're going to stick to the same one as we are doing blw so think it'd be better to stay on first stage:flower:

Nope. We stayed on 1st stage milk and moved to cows milk at 12 months. I just make sure LO has a varied diet to get all the vitamins he needs :flower:

My health visitor said you don't need to, they're just more expensive?

i don't understand why they sell it? what's it for?

all the books etc say don't use it, it's no good!

Well we switched to hungry milk when LO was 4 months and this is what shes used to. I am worried that follow on doesnt contain as much nutrients so am sticking with it but at the same time we are weaning her so dont want her getting too full on the milk and then turning down her solids, so confused! :wacko: HV also told me that we dont need to change, having read the ingredients the follow on contains slightly less vitamins. We bought some but only using it as a drink rather than an 'in between' feed.

little man gets follow on milk and cow milk not in the same bottle lol he likes cow milk better tho and its cheaper there is no proof follow on milk helps or hurts This is just my oppinion do what makes YOU happy who gives a dam if it hurts no one then live and let live sorry for mini rant lol hope I helped

My sister had a premature baby and had to regularly see a consultant and asked about follow on milk. She was told that it is of no additional benefit nutritionally than first stage milk, and has added sugar so that babies like it more and will want to stay on it instead of changing to cows milk at a year.

We switched at 7 months as Omar was off his formula & taking much less than the recomended. It has more vitamins & iron & it's good for LOs who dont drink enough. Omar liked it more than stage 1

I started using it a couple of weeks ago because Amelia was having 3 meals but not taking much food at a time and she dropped her milk slightly, I've looked on the tin and it says it does contain more iron and vitamins and minerals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->