Follow on milks?

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by xxleannexx, Oct 21, 2008.

1. xxleannexx

xxleannexx Mom to a girl and boy

when did you start your LO on follow on milk like 6 months + ones?
    does anybody recommend any particular one?

2. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

I just got max on follow on milk 6-18+ he loves it and spits up allot less ..
    He gets this cause he is now eating 3 meals a day and wasnt drinking as much milk

as for the brand I use the walmart parents choice brand

3. xxleannexx

xxleannexx Mom to a girl and boy

thanks i got some today, so will give her ago on it as summer is also having three meals a day!

4. ajarvis

ajarvis Well-Known Member

Excuse my silliness, but what is follow on milk?

5. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

its the next stage on of milk, to go along side weaning, some use it, some don't, my hv said its not worth it, but imo, i disagree, as it provides the extra iron and vitamins needed during the weaning process, but like everything, its parental choice :)
    i'm just going to be using the aptamil follow on milk as maddi has always had aptamil and has got on really well with it :)

6. ajarvis

ah. gotcha. I never weaned my son. maybe that's why I hadn't heard of it. He weaned himself at just over 16months and was already on soy milk - as he can't have cows milk.

7. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

ahh i see :) - shows you every LO is different :) congratulations on you :bfp: btw :hug:

8. ajarvis

9. bev309

bev309 Well-Known Member

I've just bought a tin of C&G stage 3 for Jack once he finishes this tin of stage 2 milk - he drank a ready made carton of it today & liked it:happydance:
    He has been on 3 meals for a while now & was starting to refuse his milk, so I was getting worried he wasn't getting enough goodness from his milk, but I have started to stagger his milk & solids further apart so he can now finally manage to go 4 hrs between feeds & he is drinking one less bottle, but more milk at each feed, but we will still switch over once this tin is empty.