Following family members

MummyKP

Reaction score
Sorry for the rubbish title, weren't sure what to put, but just wandering, what are the chances of you following your own mothers/grandmothers/family members with conceiving? If my mum took three months to conceive her first, is it likely to take me three months (ish) to conceive? Or is there no link at all? I'm only asking because a friend conceived very quickly with both her children, as did her own mother.

I was reading a book that said it was likely you would conceive in about the same amount if time but that should only be used as a guideline. Extenuating circumstances may change that... Example if you had cancer previously, work high stress job, only have one overy, don't try very hard....

My mom conceived my brother and I easily and I conceive easily as well. Could be coincidence though

The women in my family all seem to fall pregnant very easily, both my mum and I fell pregnant straight after coming off the pill, I fell pregnant first cycle both times, and I gather it's a running joke how quickly my aunties got pregnant too. But how scientific that is I don't know!

Both my mother and sister fell very quickly. My sister alone have 7 children the biggest age gap is around 18 months. It took 2 years to conceive my son.

My mother's waters broke too early with all of us. I can't remember my sisters gestation but my brother was stillborn at around 26 weeks and I was born at 34 weeks. My own waters broke at 14 weeks with Thomas but I managed to carry him until 40+3. I think that is more coincidence than genetics.

I believe my mom conceived me and my brother fairly quickly. I conceived my first two children quickly and also another baby (that sadly ended in MC). My third took a while, though, which may have just been a fluke. There may be some genetic link, but I think it was more coincidence in my case.

This is super interesting and something I never really thought about! It took my sister 4 months to try for her first and I think she had her second on the first month of trying... Hope it happens for me just as quickly!

Hm seems a mixture of responses/experiences, but thank you all. My mum took three months to conceive her first, I am going to ask her how long it took to conceive me today as I'm intrigued. I hate this not knowing if I can conceive business!!

I imagine while some fertility conditions may be genetic that there are just too many environmental factors to scew it, if someone just misses the 24 hour ovulation window they had little chance of getting pregnant that month no matter how healthy their fertility yet they would class that as an extra month you know?

Yeah definitely MarineWAG. Were you aware of when you were fertile as you caught first cycle each time or was it just a coincidence?

I, my cousin and a few others in my family were accidents whereas I took 2 years and fertility treatment to conceive. I have PCOS so it's supposedly hereditary but no one else in my family seems to have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->