Food aversion hit today... Anyone else?

LDC

Reaction score
So I made a super tasty roast chicken dinner today, I was looking forward to it alllllll day and I slow cooked the chicken to make it super special.

As soon as I'm cutting it off the carcas BOOM vomit central. I thought I was just being stupid so carried on, trying not to gag. Completely ruined my dinner, had to get oh to take it off the plate and then couldn't stomach the rest of my dinner :cry:

Oh said I was the same with dd although it was chicken pieces.

Weird.

Anyone else got anything similar?

Is it anything to do with gender?

Onions are my worst enemy right now. If I even see an onion on TV I start gagging. A little dramatic I know lol. I won't even allow DH to eat them because the lingering smell makes me vomit.

I'm normally a massive chocoholic but I can even bare the thought of chocolate now Blugh Can't do any sweet food at all and I'm not great with chicken either Blugh can't eat any large amount of food ... But have lots nearly a stone so it has its advantages lol my last pregnacy I lost 2 stone

The smell of haribos made my heave the other day so compltely not wanting to eat those. Usually i pick up a cheese pasty for lunch after going to veg market at weekend but the thought of it made me wanna be sick today and now if i think of anything cheese related i get a stronger wave of nausea :/ i like cheese! Lol

Just eating in general at the minute although I am having a huge hankering for red meat, especially lamb, so we are having a roast lamb dinner tomorrow!

Oh my goodness! This is so me:( ive gone off all kinds of foods esply chicken and red meat (i was like that with both DD and DS)

The only things i can just about stomach are potatos, fizzy sweets, salty stuff and sweet stuff. Certain smells make me heave too:(

Dont kno if its gender related as i was the same with both my other two children, daughter and son.

Hopefully itl pass for all of us soon. Cant wait to enjoy my food again!

Xxx

I've loved reading everyone else's thanks!!

It's crap when it's something you actually like that you go off!

Madam, I'm similar to you. Anything fizzy and sweet I'm into big time and then have hankering for savoury things like cheese on toast (sorry twinmum87!!).

It's so odd, but thanks for letting me know that yours were the same for both gender babies. I have a tendency to think that it's the same if you're having the same, despite the fact my cousin is having two completely different pregnancies and is having her second girl.

X

My big no-no right now is bacon. DH loves it, but I can't stand the smell!
I also can't do salsa, and being a Texas girl, that's a big deal ;)

I am not craving sweets much, and if do have chocolate, quickly feel like I've had way too much sugar. I used to eat chocolate daily!

I'm craving peanut butter, cheese, avocados, and beans. I've heard this can mean boy ;) We shall see!

Yup... My morning sickness hit on Sunday (I have always had morning sickness terribly with previous 2 pregnancies) last weekend, so about a week now. I cant look at or touch raw chicken without gagging. I was eating potato salad tonight at dinner, no problem and all of a sudden I started to gag mid bite... It is terrible.

Onions are my worst enemy right now. If I even see an onion on TV I start gagging. A little dramatic I know lol. I won't even allow DH to eat them because the lingering smell makes me vomit.

I am exactly the same as you! Although it's not limited to just onions, everything related to onions even slightly like leeks and spring onion and chives, arg even typing this is making me feel sick:sick:

I'm just over 11 weeks and although I haven't gotten physically sick my food aversion and cravings are just ridiculous. Fruit is easiest for me to eat. Meat is the most difficult (although that's let up a bit this past week). Salad is easy. I'm a HUGE sweets girl and I can't even finish one chocolate chip cookie. Maybe some vanilla ice cream but that's it. My go to food are little oranges, strawberries, carrots, cherry tomatoes and waffles. Also miso soup. Luckily we found some prepackaged miso soup I can make at home so we don't have to go out to a sushi place for it!

Well I wasn't aware that scrambled eggs had any smell at all but apparently now they're manky. Made a batch for myself and my wee boy yesterday and nearly barfed in the pan. Can't even think about any type of egg without heaving.

The only smell I remember offending me last time was booze. My waistline wouldn't mind a bit of chocolate aversion tho!

It's not so much the flavours or smells of food, it's the texture that makes me feel sick. OH made me crumpets this morning and I couldn't go near the squishy, soggy things. Xxx

DD is a terrible fussy eater, but still loves jars and toddler bland pre-packaged meals so at least I know she is getting some of her fruit and veg, but right now I can't even get them out the jar without gagging. She used to have one for her lunch but on my days off we have to wait for DH to get home for work and she has one for her tea. Urgh even the thought makes dry heave...... x

for me so many things are smelling or tasting "wrong"
can only really eat sweet stuff,
or greasy stuff :/

I'm normally a massive chocoholic but I can even bare the thought of chocolate now Blugh Can't do any sweet food at all and I'm not great with chicken either Blugh can't eat any large amount of food ... But have lots nearly a stone so it has its advantages lol my last pregnacy I lost 2 stone

Same!! I am usually a massive sweet tooth, cakes, cookies, chocolate.... the thought of it makes me sick now!! Got given a gorgeous box of chocolates today and I can't even eat them :-( Also I usually like having eggs for breakfast but can't stomach that either :-( Thought I was going to be all healthy and have amazing breakfasts and all I can stomach is toast and cereal :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->