Food cravings

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Wafflewaffle, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Wafflewaffle

Wafflewaffle Well-Known Member

I keep getting sudden really strong food cravings that are sending me bananas! Last night it was dairy box chocolates but I don't live near anywhere that sells them so had to go without! Now I have just seem Joey in friends on tv eating a piece of cheesecake & I really really want cheesecake now and can't get it out of my head!

Anyone else??

2. emalou90

emalou90 Well-Known Member

Haha yep! I remember this with my daughter. First tri I was so sick so didn't eat much.
    But when I was 12 weeks ish gone, I was addicted to dairy.
    Yoghurt
    Cheese
    Milk
    Anything like that!

Now it's very similar but earlier, yoghurts (kiddie ones!), cheese crisps any type, but fruit is a new one! Love apples bananas x

Ps. Love the one with the cheesecake ;-)

3. BrandysBabies

BrandysBabies Cautiously Expecting #4!

Me!!!! This pregnancy it is anything sweet. Thats not a good thing since I am a diabetic! Lol! I want birthday cake soooooo bad right now I can hardly stand it. With dd it was salty. I craved egg drop soup something fierce!

4. Wafflewaffle

Wafflewaffle Well-Known Member

Strange thing with me is I've been really nauseous so not eating much, but now I am actually throwing up but feel less sick at the same time if that makes sense so wanting more foods!!

5. Lilpreciouse

Lilpreciouse pregnant 2 trimester

im actually craving anything to do with onion rings and mushrooms. Drink wise im craving fruit juice like pinapple and coconut n tropical also millk...

i never use to eat mushrooms but im eating them pretty much everyday...

6. amless326

amless326 Well-Known Member

I'm craving fruit! I've been addicted to the red and green naked drinks .. Which sucks because they are pricey! But they have a ton of vitamins both from fruits and veggies and are all natural! My bf thinks I'm crazy... His response was " green algae, broccoli, kiwi and pineapple all together!? wtf is wrong with you? Yuck!" Haha I think they Taste great! :)

7. amless326

Oh... And homemade chewy double chocolate chip cookies. I'm gonna make some after work :)

8. Natnee

Natnee Mummy to Belle

Ha ha I'm like that. I'll see someone eating something on tv and just got to have it!!

9. yeahuloveme

yeahuloveme 6 angel babies :'(

when I was pregnant years ago, it was double cheese burgers, all the time, seriously I could eat 8 in a day!!! this time I want a lot of fruit, but its hydrating, and sweet and I can keep it down, Dairy is a NO NO! lactose itolarant any way, but with this one its a million times worse, was dying for cheese and onion sandwiches, made me sooooo horrifically ill I think its safe to say baby relises it was a bad idea, and if it thinks to try again! the answer is NO! I would rather eat coal...... thasts about it really.........although I do have two tins of sweetcorn in my desk ;) and 6 more in the cupboard

10. emalou90

emalou90 Well-Known Member

oh my gosh, that was actually a 'serious' craving for me last time! :haha:
    i sent my OH out to the nearest Mcdonalds otherwise all hell would break loose!

11. kerri28

kerri28 Well-Known Member

I just randomly wanted to make potato egg salad and add peas to it! But then once I added the mayo I lost all interest in it. Now I just made garlic potato fries.......I don't even like potatoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Boothh

Boothh Jesse, Teddy and 4 angels

I always get loads of cravings seems to be specific things for a few days / weeks then I move on to something else. At the moment it's irn bru and pizza

13. amless326

Poor bf.. I made him go out and get my hawaiian fruit punch. I don't even like the stuff but it taste amazing!

14. Boothh

Boothh Jesse, Teddy and 4 angels

Iv just realised that iv eaten fish finger sandwiches twice this week and I don't even like fish fingers haha

15. noodles13

noodles13 dd#1 dd#2 ds#3

My craving is an annoying one because I can only have it if I go to a certain restaurant in our city!! Haha its a jd glaze sauce stuff they put on their burgers I eat it by the pot full mmmmmmm hahaha

16. Felix26

Felix26 Trying for our 1st baby!!

Monster munch crisps and orange juice. Mmmmmmm!!!

17. noodles13

noodles13 dd#1 dd#2 ds#3

My craving is an annoying one because I can only have it if I go to a certain restaurant in our city!! Haha its a jd glaze sauce stuff they put on their burgers I eat it by the pot full mmmmmmm hahaha