food diary

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
mmy post is similer to AG's so feel free to comment

breakfat: cheese and bacon toastie and cup of water

lunch:chicken wrap with salad (lettuce, tomato, red pepper, cucumber and onion and a cup of tea (no milk 2 sugars)

dinner: homemade burgers (lean mince) on brown bap with oven chips and glass of water followed by cup of tea

snacks: none today

breakfast: small bowl of shredded wheat bitesize and an apple plus glass of water

lunch: cheese toastie and glass of juice

dinner: beef stew with boiled potatoes

snacks: bowl of jelly :oops:

*edit* one cup of tea (no milk 2 sugars)

Before I comment, what is it your trying to achieve, are you trying to lose weight, or just eat a healthy balanced diet?

Also is this all your drinking each day? or are you drinking water or something else too. Cause Id be very concerned about the lack of fluid in your diet.

erm.. thats all i drink in one day!

im aiming to go from a size 16 to a size 14 and just be healthier generally

Tbh Terrie I dont think you are eating enough or drinking enough. I know its sooo hard to drink as much as is recommended but it does work. You do also need to eat enough to keep your metabolism going. I am doing slimming world and i have lost 2stone 4pounds so far. A typical day i would prob have muesli for brekky (or any cereal) lunch a cheese sandwich, crisps and a banana and then tea maybe pasta n sauce or jacket spud or something, and a yogurt after and I would prob have a couple of apples in the day. Drinks I would have prob 2 or 3 glasses of squash, 3 cups of coffee and a can of caffeine free diet coke (drink decaffienated coffee too). And its working for me. I have gone from a 16 to a 14 too :D Variety is also good .. I got stuck in a bit of a rut eating the same things all the time and your body gets used to it but changed a few things and back on track now.

Im not dicatating to you or anything .. just thought i would show what sort of thing i was eating to give you an idea. Everyone is different though so maybe what works for me wouldnt work for you.

Good luck though :D

terrie hun are u breast feeding x

no im not breastfeeding...

i dont really like tea or coffee and find it hard to remember to eat and drink lol! its only the past few days ive had breakfsat... usually i have 2 meals a day!

thanks for your advice cat thats why i posted here

No worries.

firstly on the drink front its crucial for you to increase this, as it helps your body digest food, and its got for your skin and everything, you are seriously dehydrated, which will also make you feel run down. I try to have a pint glass of drink sitting around all the time and just keep drinking some, wether its fruit juice (helps with your 5 a day) or if your not a fan of water have something like ribena in it to make it taste nicer, plus contains added vitamin C. Try to drink between meals as opposed to drinking loads with meals too, as this dilutes your stomach acids, so it takes longer for your body to digest a meal.

Slightly concerned about these cheese tosties, not a great thing to have. Have you thought about panninis? Ihave them toaste with healthy living motzerella (way lower fat than hard cheese, and with a bit of chicken breast and red oinions, or mixed peppers, turkey bacon etc.

When it comes to dinners are you haveing veg with these meals? If you have something like burgers, try to have it with a bit of side salad. Also you have had red meat as your dinner both nights, avoid having red meat as your main dinner more than 3 times a week, it takes weeks for your body to fully digest it. Try to have skinless chicken and fish. So many people on this forum seem to eat very little fish!!!!

Keep going though, I will keep having a look and see if I can see more things to help as you go along.

ok

2moro i have banned cheese toasties and im going to aim to drink more water and have chicken for tea! lol thanks cat!

breakfast: bowl of shredded wheat bitesize and an apple, nothing to drink (sorry cat i forgot!)

lunch: chicken wrap with salad and a cup of tea(black 2 sugars)

dinner: breaded fish and mashed potato and a glass of water

Um nothing to drink and only one piece of fruit!!

You could have had some fruit sliced on your cerial, a glass or 2 of fruit juice, and some peas with your fish that would ahve given you another 4!

youve just reminded me i have fruit juice in the fridge, i will have some 2moro. i remember liking chopped banana on my cereal when i was a kid so maybe ill try that too . thanks cat!

I get 10 fruits and dice/slice/chop and put into a cereal box (not banana tho) and keep in fridge this keeps for 2-3 days and I do same with salad I put EVERYTHING in salad grated carrot,pine nuts (toast gently) any chopped nuts, then all I have to do is get Hummous,Sardines/mackeral/any other tinned fish and viola! A meal without peeing about all the time. I do this three times a week takes say an hour each occasion.

terrie you need more (dont shoot me for this)

protein
fruit and veg
FLUIDS (you wont lose weight without)
try some rice/pasta/cous-cous/polenta

And when babe starts eating he can enjoy a lot of the above salad/fruit combi's (from 9 months)

Tell you what is a lush sarnie:

Wholemeal bread
Hommus (sp_)
carrots
little but garlic mayo/vinigrette dressing
Roasted veg (peppers,onions,garlic,cherry toms) (these keep in fridge too with olive oil)
And is lovely

bex

i wouldnt shoot you lol!!

thats why i posted here because colin is always saying i dont eat healthy and ive always ignored him

im going food shopping 2moro so will try and get some different types of food instead of potatoes and cheese lol

Terrie Hi

get some Brie and Chicken breasts and slice chick in half stuff with the brie and bake this is luch and you can add sultanas/bacon (bit naughty but a treat) Cottage cheese,you know this is making me starving and I need to go shopping!

tell you what are nice. Muller yogurts (the low fat ones) put in freezer and then eat so yummy you can do this with loads easy weay to make own sorbets/ice-cream. I freeze grapes too. they go like sweets.

Important thing is though,let yourself have a treat a day like mini choc or something.

With the water/fluids.

if it says made from concentrate on box of fruit juice i wouldnt bother it is all sugar and water not much fruit. I buy Tropicana and add fizzy water not so expensive then.

I fill jug of water now (you could just use 2 litre bottle) and put it in the fridge coz I am a sod when it comes to drinking myself but i do get a lot from fruit so wasnt too worried.

Also Orange/lemon barley they are nice drinks to buy the robnson squash one's/ Good for your kidneys and taste really nice. What about fruit teas?

Another good thing is buy soem lemon's and slice,then add to cup of hot water in morning this is so good for you really gets metabulism going and flushes out impurities too

I've rambled enough sorry lol

bex

its ok lol thanks for all the tips...

i have an empty bottle i can put in the fridge with water in so ill do that later...

ill have to pull my finger out and start eating proper meals, i think i eat toasties and sandwiches because theyre fast and can be eaten with one hand whilst Rhys is in the other lol!

ive tried fruit tea and dont really like it, i have a cup of tea when somebody else makes it but i never make one myself.

i also dont drink milk as i dont like it! i have my cereal dry!

breakfast: toast (no fluids again :oops: )

lunch: chicken salad, an apple and a bottle of water

dinner: Ocean pie with jacket potato peas and broccoli (cat lol) and two glasses of apple juice

snack: a milky way bar

id also like to say i havent had any cigerettes today too!!!

breakfast: egg omlette(no cheese) with granery bread (no fluids again lol)

lunch: chicken wrap and packet of crisps and can of diet coke

dinner: sweetorn pizza and can of diet coke (not healthy i know)

cigerettes: none

snacks: none

breakfast: 2 apples

lunch: pasta with coulifour and brocolli

dinner: chicken rissoto

snacks: 2 milky way bars

cigerettes: 2

you have had a drink Terrie haven't you?

Getting better with the veg though which is a good start. And 2 cigarettes well thats not too nad at all.

Bex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->