• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Food, Diets & Dietry needs of the Bump

Isle_Ansuz

Reaction score
:hi: all, just a quick thread about, well, um the title says it all really.

My partner is just short of 6 weeks pregnant, and i'm generally the one that does the cooking in the home.

I work in a book store, and whilst there are plenty of books for meal suggestions for the baby and for conception, theres nothing really about what to eat when you're pregant.

I'd like to know what sort of things i need to avoid when cooking from now on, and what things would be best to eat.
No, Pickle & Nutella butties doesnt count :)

So, hints, tips and tales of your own culinary something or others would be great to read and hear about.

Cheers!

:happydance:

lol i lived on pickle and nutella sandwiches when i was pg!

but seriously....

avoid runny eggs, soft cheese, blue cheese, pate, anything with raw egg in
, nuts...

cant think of anything else

the cheeses and pate are to avoid listeria (think thats right??)

Nuts because of possible allergies

Raw egg because of salmonella

RE: Nuts.. oddly you become more allergic to stuff if you're not exposed to it as a child. Nuts from what i was aware are a great source of proteins, vitamins and the like.

Cheese, Eggs and fresh dairy i can understand however.

Oh well, sorry hunni, looks like no more chocolate nut cake for you... more for me mwahahahahaha... :devil:

Avoid raw meats/undercooked meats as well as sushi

There is a great book called "What to Expect When you're Expecting" which has some very detailed info on dietary needs, it may be of help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"