Food/Drink you avoid

diz

Reaction score
Just interested to hear if there are any foods or drinks you have to avoid so not to upset your LO's tummy...?

Raspberries are a no-no for me.
:thumbup:

I have been suspicious that something I am eating is causing my LO distress, because he is in pain after eating and seems so uncomfortable! But I cant figure out what it could be - how did you realize the problem was raspberries????
xx

red bull and coffee makes shaya chuck up like the exorcist, i havent drunk any since i fort that was what was wrong and only lill sickies now

oh god i miss red bull :(

I had a whole load of really ripe brie yesterday. I regretted it last night when I was trying to change a dirty nappy!

garlic seems to be an issue for my LO- i had it everyday for aboutn a week & LO didnt go for a poo for ages & seemed really windy & distressed. I stoped garlic & now he's back to normal everyday (& more) again.
I have noticed if I eat a lot of cheese, he's quite gassy from his lil butt too!

I cant eat peppers, onions and have to limit garlic. Which basically means fajitas are a no-no now!! So far, everything else seems to be ok. Emily gets really distressed the day after I've eaten them, so I've cut them out now and she seems to be fine again.. is weird though how different things affect different people/babies!

I wonder if you'll get any patterns emerging Diz!! xx

I have to really limit garlic. Otherwise he gets an upset tummy.

I can't eat onions, except in very very small bits, otherwise he doesn't like the taste of my milk.

Sun, as for figuring it out... start with the usual suspects. Many LOs have trouble with chocolate, garlic, onions, brocolli, and other strong flavors or spices. Eliminate one of those that you eat most of... wait a couple of days and see if it gets better. If you really want to test it, if you think it got better, eat it again and see if it gets worse again. That is what I ended up doing with garlic.

As for onions, there seemed some days that LO just didn't like to stay on the boob well (unusual for him). He would try to eat but keep coming off and going on and coming off and going on. :wacko: He was REALLY bad one day and it dawned on me I had dinner with a LOAD of onions the night before. I cut out onions and haven't had much of a problem with that since. When I get a sneaky onion, he usually comes off like that again for at least one feed shortly after. :dohh:

I haven't had any tea/coffee/red bull/alcohol since falling pg but the only thing I have noticed was after eating onions, particularly raw or lightly cooked ones she would trump like she was trying to take off!

uncooked apples and Iced Tea did it for me LO's face would scrunch all up and he would have tummy pains.

Grapes are a no no for me.. would give him terrible wind! I think everything else is ok... although spicier foods lead to yummy nappies!

dairy for me. missed it at first but it's done wonders for my weight loss :)

Alcohol. I have no idea what it would do to her but I'm not going to take the chance.

Milk, cream and cheese really aggravated her colic so I cut them out almost completely, and just as Nikki says, it's excellent for the waistline.

Caffinated drinks also gave her a sore tummy although the odd proper coffee doesn't seem to hurt, but I've stayed off the caffine anyway as it really helps me sleep better.

Green leafy vegetables. One savoy cabbage nappy was enough!!

I have been suspicious that something I am eating is causing my LO distress, because he is in pain after eating and seems so uncomfortable! But I cant figure out what it could be - how did you realize the problem was raspberries????
xx

my in-laws came up and MIL brought a load of raspberries. The net day LO was wingeing and squirming then did the biggest pooh. Didn't think much of it until i had them again a week later, then for a third time a week after that.

x

jalapenos- finally went out with hubby to favourite pub for best nachos ever (after not being able to stomach them while pregnant) only to have a screaming, hungry baby who would only drink EBM later that night. I'm sure there will be more foods to add to the list as we get out to more of our fave restaurants!

I basically go by the rule "what it does to me, it does to them"

I wouldn't go near spicy food!

I craved spicy food while pregnant and cant eat much of it now. Ive reduced garlic, onions, leeks as they seem to give Noah tummy ache. I am scared to eat strawberries as I had them once and he had a rash. Im not risking it again, may not of been them but not taking any chances

My little girl seems to have had a lot of gas pains in the last week, I am raking my brain what could've upsetted her stomach, but it is difficult to pinpoint anything. Could eating bread be a culprit?

Normally I don't eat much bread, but my mum was here for 10 days and she kept buying it... I have some cousins with celiac disease, but I had no idea, it could go through breast milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->