Food issue is starting to get me down

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Bcinla, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Bcinla

Bcinla Mom of 3 girls

Tomorrow I will be 17 weeks with twins. I still have morning sickness all day, everyday. I have an aversion to everything edible. I also have gestational diabetes and am on insulin which makes this more complicated. Even if I have a slight urge to eat something it is almost always something i cant have like pancakes or pasta or a bagel. I have resorted to eating these things anyway and just taking a lot of insulin because if I didn't, I would be eating nothing. Did I mention I am a vegetarian? That makes things even more complicated because I know how important it is to be eating enough protein right now and I cant even fathom the thought of an egg or tofu which are my usual sources of protein. I have lost 18 pounds since i got pregnant. My twins are growing well, not sure how, but I cannot help but feel so awful that I am doing such a bad job nourishing them. I used to love food. Now I wish I didn't need it. I have been trying to hang in there to get past this morning sickness but it seems to be going on forever! I am so envious of women who started to feel better at week 12 or 13. And I am totally afraid that this is going to be my situation until I deliver. I have tried B6 and zofran, neither have helped. I am not looking for solutions, just needed to vent my frustration with this incredibly difficult situation. Is anyone else out there in "all-day" sickness hell?

2. sjwebb

sjwebb Well-Known Member

Have you tried getting some medication? Your babies will get their nutrients whether or not your eating. I'm sorry you still aren't feeling well :(