Food poisoning :(

mrsrof

Mum to one :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

feeling horrendous today! woke up at 5am feeling a bit weird, threw up for the first time at 5.15, and have thrown up 6 more times since then :(

Have now moved to the couch and am trying to put something in my stomach, but I'm not hopeful. Even water is being thrown up today :(

it's really frustrating cause I've got this far in my pregnancy without throwing up even once (aside from one incident of gagging when brushing my teeth!), and then this happens. I'm not a puker, I honestly can't even remember the last time I did throw up! (not including while drunk!) boo for being sick!

just hope baby's ok in there!

Baby will be OK lady - just ensure you don't get dehydrated.

I got something similar that we thought was food poisoning, but turned out to be the Norovirus. Have never been more sick in my life (I'm not a puker either) and it was awful having the added worry about what my body was doing to our little baby. I do REALLY feel for you. :(

Only advice I can give is to sip water regularly (not gulp it), then when you feel up to it, try some toast with honey (replenish sugars), soup, or even just hot water with sugar. This is what me and the hubby survived on during the week we were recovering, and no harm came to us at all.

I hope you feel better soon.
x

I did think that it could also be norovirus, but I haven't heard of anyone else having it, so not sure! DH seems to be ok too...

I'm a bit worried about dehydration tbh, as even sips of water aren't staying down for longer than 15-20 mins! tried some dry cereal (like 4 flakes!) and it came back up :(

Am really hoping this doesn't last too long!

Get better soon. Try ice lollies or ice cubes to get some liquid in you x

We only ruled out food poisoning because my mum got sick first, my husband started feeling unwell almost a day later, then I started just after him. None of us had eaten the same thing, and the timings were all wrong anyway (you'd be sick quicker than we were after bad food)
I would ring your maternity ward after 24hours of being sick and see what they suggest. We were told that if I couldn't keep water down after this amount of time, I'd need to go to hospital to be put on a drip.
Don't panic, but also don't let yourself suffer without getting some 'official' advice.

so it seems to have been a 24hr thing (i hope). Have kept down ice lollies, 7up and a slice of toast!

so it seems to have been a 24hr thing (i hope). Have kept down ice lollies, 7up and a slice of toast!

Yay! Glad you are doing better. Really does sound more like a virus (Norovirus) than food poisoning to me. I would disinfect any surfaces that you touched while ill (like the toilet you were sick in I mean - don't go mad with cleaning the whole house!) and also wash all your bedding on hot. If it was a virus, they can linger about and re-infect, as we found out by the very fact we seemed to have caught ours off my sister's flat!

Hope you continue to get stronger. x

I had food poisoning at 16 weeks and it didn't affect LO at all. I did get the rehydrations packets which taste grim but I figured it was worth it.

I had it 3 week ago, ended up in hospital on a drip and had 4 bags of fluids and 3 shots of anti sickness.

Make sure you ring labour ward if you feel like your dehydrated and can't keep any fluids down, hugs hun it's crap but I felt much better after 2 days

I'd go to the doctor. Food poisoning could be any sort of bug, some of which are worse than others for the baby.

There is a 24 hour sickness bug going round the UK at the moment. I had it on Wednesday, was horrendous but it had gone by Thursday and I feel better now. Like you, I thought it was food poisoning at first but now a few people around me have had it too so was definitely some sort of sickness bug. Not what I needed, especially as I'm just coming out of 3 months of MS. Oh well!!! Get well soon X

I also had a 24hr sickness bug a couple of weeks ago. Got my mum to call the maternity unit to ask for advice as I couldn't keep water down either and felt horrendous [so you definitely have my sympathies!] and they said that baby would be fine, I'd just feel really crappy, and to try sucking ice. Glad you're feeling better now anyway!

Think I've been struck down with a case of food poisoning myself! Had a Chinese takeaway for dinner and oh my life a couple of hours later, I've been having tummy cramps, sickness and diarrhea! Ergh! Sitting here sipping on some water, cramps have gone and baby is kicking so I know all is well. But it's so worrying isn't it!

Think I've been struck down with a case of food poisoning myself! Had a Chinese takeaway for dinner and oh my life a couple of hours later, I've been having tummy cramps, sickness and diarrhea! Ergh! Sitting here sipping on some water, cramps have gone and baby is kicking so I know all is well. But it's so worrying isn't it!

It is so worrying. there's a big part of me that thinks "If this is how bad I'm feeling then imagine how baby feels!". Seen consultant today though (routine 16 week appointment" and been assured that baby more than likely won't have suffered any ill effects. Heard strong healthy heartbeat etc. :)

It is so worrying. there's a big part of me that thinks "If this is how bad I'm feeling then imagine how baby feels!". Seen consultant today though (routine 16 week appointment" and been assured that baby more than likely won't have suffered any ill effects. Heard strong healthy heartbeat etc. :)

Thats really good to know, glad you are ok now :)

I've got my 25 week mw appointment tomorrow even though I am 26 weeks now lol, So I will check with her too, but I am feeling fine now.

i had food poisoning to. it was the day i found out i was pregnant so i was really worried as i was literally only a couple of weeks pregnant by then. i called the dr and she said pretty much the same as u were told that baby would be fine and to keep my fluids up and that was it.

hope ur feeling better now. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"