• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

food problems

OICC

non binary parents
Reaction score

I’m having lots of food aversions - I literally don’t fancy anything even though I’m hungry. Which then makes me hangry! I’m finding jacket potatoes with the tiniest bit of vegan spread is all I want most days, and today the thought of that is making me sick and the only thing I want is citrus flavour! I haven’t had any morning sickness really, maybe a couple bouts of very mild nausea.
I spoke to my doctor about it as I have been on a really restricted diet for a while anyway due to stomach problems - she said that your body has everything your baby needs, especially if you take a prenatal, and making sure you’re getting enough veg etc doesn’t really matter until half way through your second trimester, which is lucky as that’s when most women have stopped puking! You have stores of nutrients which will deplete but not at a fast enough rate to worry about yet. I take my prenatal at night with my “meal” as I don’t want anything in the morning but can’t take it on it’s own.
Hopefully that makes you feel a bit better :)

Yes, it's fine! Most people survive off crap in first tri until the sicky feelings go away. I could only stomach pasta and salt and vinegar crisps at the start with my second and my midwife assured me it was fine, better to eat what you can than not at all or forcing something down that will make you sick.

I have had so many food aversions so far that I feel I'm constantly eating junk food. I seem to be living off toast, banana bread and crisps with the occasional yoghurt thrown in for good measure. My midwife said as long as I'm eating then it's fine.
Your body has all the nutrients and as long as you're taking a prenatal vitamin then you'll be fine:flower:

The first trimester is all about survival. If greasy onion rings or pickles or ice cream sound appealing, then go for it! As long as you're eating something then it is fine. You can concentrate more on eating healthier, heartier meals in the second trimester when your aversions go away.

This is my 3rd and I’ve had the worst food aversions this pregnancy. I never experienced this with my other 2, I only had cravings. Just eat what you can and try to stay hydrated.

With ds I only had two aversions - Almonds and chicken

With this LO, I can't eat any meat. I take a bite and have to spit it out. I even tried eating tempeh because I love it, and I had to spit that out. Right now I'm existing on pasta and lots of fruits a veggies. And graham crackers...mmmmmmmm!

So yeah, this sucks. Hopefully it goes away soon, but I have a feeling the aversions will last the entire pregnancy like they did with my son.

I was like that with my first. I went completely off meat (especially pork and chicken) and I ate more fruits than usual. Funny enough my daughter would happily eat a spoon full of broccoli but try to give her chicken...

this is closed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is my 3rd and I’ve had the worst food aversions this pregnancy. I never experienced this with my other 2, I only had cravings. Just eat what you can and try to stay hydrated.

Is there a way to make water more appealing? I've been trying but it is just so boring and tasteless :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"