Food questions

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by MaryJ, Apr 10, 2009.

1. MaryJ

MaryJ Mom of 1 soon to be 2!

Which do you ladies prefer to use - the food you make or the jars that you buy? Why?

Also, when did you start introducing meat products?

I feel like such a dope when it comes to this stuff.

2. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

I liked using the jars when he was lil ..still do now but not very often ! I like them because its easy to bring around and its well already made for me .. very convenient as im always on the go ..

as for meats I never used the jar is very very nasty my dog wouldnt even eat them lol I made some on my own and it was better ..he was 6 months when he first had meat

3. Bec L

Bec L Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy

So far I have made everything that we have given to Poppy. I just prefer it that way and I am lucky that I have the time to make it (ie when I get a spare half hour while my hub is entertaining Poppy at the weekend!) I also think it's more expensive buying the ready made stuff and it's pretty easy to steam and puree a load of veg/fruit.

Haven't given her meat or fish yet though but will do in the next few weeks. Didn't start her on solids till she was almost 6 months though so don't want to rush.

4. x-li-x

x-li-x Me & Hubby + 3 :)

i use the jars have found them easiest, want to make my own food for him soon though just been nervous about it as im not really a big cooker so am at a loss, but im determined to start soon , hes also been having meat n fish jars not long after i started weaning which was just before 6 months so id say around 6 months lol xx

5. ani

ani Well-Known Member

At the moment I make everything myself. This way I know what goes in, it's cheaper and I like the idea of him getting fresh food, not something that has been sitting on the shelve for months...

We're taking a long plane ride next week and then hotels for a couple of days so will have to try jars for the first time.

6. ladymilly

ladymilly proud mammy

i used the jars and whenever i tried Jack with my own food he used to puke it back up :dohh: but for the last 2 weeks he is completely different. he now eats what we are eating and i dont give him the jars anymore :happydance: he doesn't even need it mashed :happydance: its great. so much easier. i only stared to give him meat the last 2 weeks. he likes chicken, mince, fish in fact he hasn't said no to anything yet :cloud9: oh and he really likes jelly for his dessert :baby: