food troubles

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
I'm tearing my hair out, Chloe is still not into food, I've reduced her milk intake but she's still not really interested, she is still on purees and not much else, I just dont know what to do, when she has her meals she screams the whole time and now is acting like she's hungry ie waking early, grzzling during the day etc.

Why have a got a baby that doesnt like food!!!

I hate to say it but I think you might have to ask the HVs for some advice. Eek! Hope someone else can advise :hugs:

https://blogs.babiesonline.com/baby/5-ways-to-get-your-baby-to-eat/

No idea if you've tried them x

Aaron pretty much refused to eat until he was 9 months old apart from the occasional nibble on finger foods. I would just keep offering her food. Have you tried giving finger foods?

yeah tried, they are the only bloody things she ont put in her mouth!

it takes time! zane is still on stage 1 jars and loves baby rice. i left him to it so he cud decide wen he wanted less milk and i started him on rusks and biscuits to get him used to chewing and now he even munches on cucumber but stilll wont eat stage2 jars but aslong as hes eating an drinkin his milk im fine to go at his speed

I keep thinking that at 9 months old she shoukd be wanting a bit of food!

some kids go straight into food and others it takes so much longer ur just guna have to grit ur teeth and go at her pace she will get there :)

what age did u start weaning?

i started zane at 4 months

Hayden was just like that, we started trying at 6mo and he HATED food, he had zero interest and didn't eat until he was 9mo. Even then I was lucky if it was one meal everyday, it took until he was about 14mo to finally be on 3 meals a day and he suddenly loved food. Even now though he will go somedays with very little food, but he does sooo much better now and most days wants everyting in site.

I'm having similar problems but I think in our case it's more because of ilnesses. Has you lo been ill or is she teething?

How much milk is she having?

yeah she has been ill but shes never been a fan, its very hit and miss, hv told me not to worry about it, she's just slow!!

no iagree with her, I', probably trying to give her too much, she doesnt need 3 meals a day so is refusing to eat them!! we're going back to two and a small snack!

some kids start later - go ahead and give her what she wants milk-wise, she'll eat solids in her own time - she wont still be on formula when she goes to school, promise!

Star

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->