Foods Pregnant Women SHOULD Eat

KandyKinz

Longtime Mama
Reaction score
Reading about all the foods we're supppose to avoid is really getting me down, so I decided to create a thread about foods (preferably yummy) that we SHOULD be eating.

I'll start!

CHOCOLATE!!!!

There was a study awhile back that concluded that babies of mom's who ate some chocolate everyday during their pregnancy were happier then the babies of mom's who did not... :thumbup:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn4854-chocolate-in-pregnancy-keeps-baby-happy.html

And while this was no double blind RCT and could not rule out other factors involved... The association is good enough for me :laugh2:

Orange ice lollies !!
Ritz crackers with cream cheese !!

Haha, love that!!! Unfortunately I haven't felt like eating chocolate at all for weeks. But I'll certainly take it up again once this silly ms goes.

Here's my favourite at the moment:

Fresh Fruit & Smoothies

I just looooove a fruit salad and since it's good for baby I can now justify buying ready prepared ones if I don't have the time to make it. AND I have DH serving me fruit 24/7. Bonus! I feel like a roman empress sometimes, all I need is someone with a fan...

Love it Amy- I was gonna put fruit also- because I can't get enough of it. Had an apple this morning and it was AMAZING.

And with the chocolate- I've always eaten it but now I'm all about the chocolate peanutbutter ice cream- single serving cups!

I'd like to add in berries.... blueberries and raspberries are my fav and the anti-oxidants are very good for us and our babies!

fruit sounds awesome going to have to stop by the produce store!

What about strawberries and rasberries? They are quite nice :)

Oh and scrambled eggs too and tomato soup!

Yep, cooked eggs are good for us! Has protein and iron.....

Am I the only pregnant woman who isn't loving chocolate? Before I got pregnant I couldn't get enough of it but as of now I have no interested whatsoever. :shrug:

Asparagus :) (that might sound gross to some but I'm addicted to fresh steamed asparagus!) + I read somewhere that people eat asparagus to reduce the chance of miscarriage & also increase fertility, I dont know if there is any truth in that ;)

Peanut butter & Jelly sandwiches. With a big glass of milk ;)

Chocolate milk, if that counts?

Yogurt & Fresh fruit! Or, freeze the yogurt, and make a smoothie like the other ladies said :)

Hummus & Crackers

Homemade guacamole with tortilla chips..

Sliced tomatoes,cucumbers with a tiny bit of salt & pepper.

Chicken with penne pasta (mmm mmm!)

I could go on and on :)

Milk - lots of calcium needed, and also good for heartburn
Weetabix - yummy and lots of fibre - great combo with the milk. My biggest craving in pregnancy was weetabix, milk and double cream :wacko: sounds disgusting, bizarrely addictive though!
Spinach - lots of iron, but this is definitely not the most enjoyable on the list!

Milk - lots of calcium needed, and also good for heartburn
Weetabix - yummy and lots of fibre - great combo with the milk. My biggest craving in pregnancy was weetabix, milk and double cream :wacko: sounds disgusting, bizarrely addictive though!
Spinach - lots of iron, but this is definitely not the most enjoyable on the list!

Milk is awesome to have although we don't have much of it at home (I'm the only one who drinks it).

As for spinach, if you're able to sautee it and add a bit of lemon pepper, it is quite delish!

Oh I quite like Weetabix and milk, I must remember to make that instead of the Coco Pops I have been having for breakfast lol. I don't fancy double cream on it though lol. :)

Is weetabix like cream of wheat? Breakfast food that is kinda creamy and looks like little grits before you cook it?

Oh no its not cereal like that, its . . . .

Heres a picture because I can't find the words to describe it lol :) :

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?img...age=1&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=176&ty=50

Weird! But cool :) I was wayy off. :lol:
Looks yummy though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"