For 2nd time mums?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by ghazal, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ghazal

ghazal Well-Known Member

Hi everybody.I was just wandering did similar symptoms for ur 1st pregnancy result in u getting same gender?What have ur experiences been?

2. scuffer

scuffer Mum to 3 lovely boys!

My first 2 were boys and both pregnancies were completely different, this baby is a boy and things seem a little different again. I seem to get a little more nausea each time!

3. Szaffi

Szaffi Well-Known Member

I had pretty bad morning sickness with both - they're both girls. I seem to have less energy and more tired with this one - but I think it's because working 8 hours plus taking care of a 14 months old takes its toll.

Other than that, there are some differences - last time I had way more calf cramps, swollen ankle by this point. But this time it's the opposite season. Lot of things can cause slight variations.

4. Lois

Lois Me, OH, Evie & Joseph

Very similar symptoms and cravings with both but first is a girl and second is a boy.

Lx

5. HappyLittleMa

HappyLittleMa Well-Known Member

I have completely different symptoms this time - I didn't really have any symptoms with my first (a boy) but this time, I have had lots of nausea, constant headaches, tiredness....no idea what I am having, and I'm not going to find out, so I'm not much help I'm afraid!!! Oh and I am totally hormonal and emotional. I'm thinking because of this is might be a girl (more oestrogen?) but I just want a healthy baby :flower:

6. Tinylo

Tinylo Mum to 2 boys

I had morning sickness with both, from 6 to 15 weeks exactly - they're both boys - and the only thing that helped with both was orange juice. :wacko:

I am more tired but like "Szaffis" said working 4 days a week and looking after a toddler is gonna knacker you out. :sleep:

Cramps in my legs started at the same time last week and I've felt movement at around the same stage too. x

7. mbara

mbara Well-Known Member

I had the same morning sickness and bad acne but that's where the similar symptoms end. I was convinced we were having a boy this time around because of how different I felt and different cravings. But this one is going to be a girl as well

8. xlivix

xlivix mother of 2 :)

Similar with both, first was a girl, this one is a boy... sickness returned with a vengence around 30 weeks with my daughter, and i got bad heartburn too, so waiting to see just how similar they actually are lol... ligament pain that i got with daughter has come back sooner this time round, but that was to be expected due to everything being a bit more slack haha... ermmm similar cravings too!!

ghazal - what about you? are you having different symptoms to your first pregnancy? are you hoping for the opposite this time? girl or boy? xx

9. ghazal

ghazal Well-Known Member

actually i want to introduce myself.I am from India & an Asian & i think i am an only indian here.My english is not as much good,thats why i dnt post much here just read ur posts.I found this forum very helpful so joined it.I hope u all coperate & my language problem doesnt bother u as much.lol.

I am of 30 yearz.I have 2 boys aged 9 & 7 yearz & had a daughter who died at the age of 7 mnths....i am 17 weeks pregnant now & have same preg symptoms as had with my daughter..Will get to know at 20 weeks.U all ladies are very helpful.Take care

10. xlivix

xlivix mother of 2 :)

:) nice to meet you..
    I am so so sorry to hear about your daughter :( thoughts are with you :hugs:

How many weeks pregnant are you now? xx

11. CandyApple19

CandyApple19 Pregnant with #3, PAL.

i must admit things have been a little bit different for me this time but also alot has been similar..i dont know what im having yet though.

12. Lois

Lois Me, OH, Evie & Joseph

Welcome to BandB ghazal. I'm sorry to hear that your daughter passed away, I can't begin to imagine what it takes to cope with such a thing.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, hope you're feeling well so far.

Lx

13. bubblicous

bubblicous mum of 2 pregnant wif no3

my first 2 pregnancies i was very sick though worse with my first and ive got 2 dd

this time we dont know what were having my pg has been a little diff as in diff symptoms and diff cravings but im not sure that this one is a boy infact i have no clue

14. Purple_poppy

Purple_poppy Well-Known Member

I had a boy the first time... barely any symptoms to speak of.

This time I had some mild MS in the 1st trimester, I have the sorest breasts/nipples on the planet, and I have a chronic sinus/itchy nose issue.

Best wishes