For anyone struggling with morning sickness!

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm coming back over here from the second tri boards because I hope some of you may find this info helpful! I personally was only nauseas in the first tri but didn't start throwing up until my second tri (just like with my first pregnancy, I get my morning sickness in the first part of the second tri!) Anyway, it was really really bad for a few weeks and I was unable to really take care of myself, my toddler, my house, etc. I was dehydrated from vomiting, had a constant migraine headache, couldn't even see food on TV because it would make me sick, I had no energy, I wasn't sleeping well, etc. I went to my birthing center and my midwife gave me a free month's trial of Diceglis which is basically just like b6 and an antihistamine that's in a time-release capsule. I don't know why it works, but it works! I'd been trying EVERYTHING. I wear Seabands, I was already taking b6, magnesium, really high-quality prenatals, preggie pops, you name it and I was doing it. I promise I'm not getting paid by any drug rep to say this and I just want to spread the word that if you have really bad morning sickness that isn't responding to most other standard remedies for morning sickness, this might help you. This is my third day of taking it and I sleep almost all the way through the night, I haven't thrown up or even been nauseas in these three days, etc. The only thing that's annoying about it is that since it's a time-release, I'm drowsy all throughout the day because I'm pretty much regularly getting periodic doses of a sleep aid lol, but I honestly would take drowsiness over how I was feeling before a thousand times! It's called Diceglis, it's a "category A" medicine that's been studied for 30 years for safety, it's literally safer to take in pregnancy than Tylenol, you don't have to take it on a full stomach or anything, you just take it before bed and then if you still have problems you can take it in the afternoon too but I haven't found I needed that. It is AWESOME. I am so happy that my midwife gave it to me because I was seriously struggling! Anyway, hope this helps some of you ladies! <3

This is what my OB prescribed since I can't take zofran. If your insurance doesn't cover it, the pharmacist said you can take one B6 tablet and one Unisom tablet, and it's the same!

im currently taking b6 and unisom!!! it has worked great for me so far

I take it, too, and it really does help! However, here in the US it is SUPER expensive. It was $711 for a 25 day supply without my insurance. With insurance, I only paid $40, but that is still a LOT of money! If B6 and Unisom work just as well, I'd definitely suggest that, because ouch!

Thats basically what I take except I take the over the counter version that is immediate release- doxylamine and B6, it costs about $20 vs $700 for the prescription. I am going to ask my midwife in 2 weeks whether diclegis causes less sedation though since it is extended release, I can only take tiny doses of doxylamine at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->