For anyone who has worked in a shop

Cat

Reaction score
When I did my clothes shop last weekend I spent £200 in one shop which was a major highstreet store, but for some reason when I paid on my card they used one of those card printing things, you know where they hae like a piece of duplicate paper and make a press of the frong of your card. I dont know if this was normal for them or if their normal machine was broken. Its just I have noticed that the money hasnt come out of my bank yet, everything else I bought that day has. Does it normally take a lor longer for this type of payment to go through or have they buggered it up and not charged me?

This happens to me at a petrol station I sometimes go to.....I normally notice it come about 3 days later.

Hopefully it won't come out ur bank! :headspin: You could try ring your bank and they'll tell you if there's anything pending for £200.

Another thing to watch out for is that they only bank once a week (the slips have to be sent off by the bank & then get processed) So if their banking day was saturday and they'd gone to the bank before you'd shopped then they wouldn't take the slip for your amt until this saturday.....then it would get processed next week. (hope that makes sense)

I bought an MP3 player (when they first came out) from dixons The Boy on the till was really chatty & not concentrating. I was paying by chq and he didn't write my card number on the back, printed the chq in the machine & never gave it back for me to sign.............that was almost 3 years ago......I've still never paid for it!

UPDATE

I do online internet banking and about 3 days ago my avaliable balance was £197 less than my actual balance (the amount I spent in that store) as though it was a pending payment, however now the avaliable balance is my actual balance again and yet the payment has not come out, does this mean that my back have declined the payment cause perhaps they did it wrong in someway? I dont get why its gone and I havent had it come out my account still. Do you think if I called my bank they would tell me? Im hoping I may have got away without paying!

If declined they can get the info to contact you to pay ...

well i paid my rent online the other week and it came out str8away as usual thn went back in teh next day, thn out again 2 days l8r :grr: maybe similar?

Think is they havent actault tried to take it out my account, the money was in there and it was a pending payment, but then disappeared again?!?

Well fingers crossed they dont take it then Cat!! May be a good idea to phone the bank though and ask what happened to the payment.

i set up a DD for teh nursery fees an realised a couple a days after i was up £400 lol, i phoned nursery n they sed it had come out fine, i phoned bank who had sed it had not....

so i hunted it up etc n it ad come out but of a *insert word* account, an tht cos i sed i had 2 pay!!!! ggrrrrrrr

may be go in to your bank or ring them up and they can have a closer look see if it is pending or something

i paid for petrol once on the way home from mil, and paid by switch, 3 months later checking bank statement and wonder what this money is thats gone out, so i ring bank and query it,as i knew i hadn't been in the area that month turns out it was for petrol and had only just gone through!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->