for gods sake....weddings!

....so i have just found out that my friends wedding which is in a couple of weeks they have said no kids!
so what the hell am i supposed to do with charlie now?
my other friend who is getting married in august has also said no kids at her wedding too (at least we have notice for that one)
seriously, why the hell do people say no kids at a wedding? surely a wedding is a celebration, to celebrate with friends and family! i was looking forward to bringing charlie too. was going to buy him a little suit.
am i over reacting? this has really annoyed me! i just feel sad that i cant attend my friends wedding with my family... there are 3 of us now, me oh, and lo, not just me and oh!

I said no kids at my wedding and I dont regret it at all. Its not the kids I was worried about, it was useless parents allowing their kids to run around, scream and cause mayhem without disciplining them. Who wants a screaming baby during the vows for instance? I would totally understand if I was invited to a no-kid wedding and let a grandparent indulge him for the day :D

I don't think its always about not wanting kids running around or just wanting adults etc. We're getting married next year and we are only having close family kids i.e. our children and neices and nephews. If we told everyone they could bring their kids it would double the numbers and we have a package with set numbers. We've never even met some of our guests children, for instance our work colleagues children.

For me though if one of our guests with a young baby wanted to bring them it would be no problem, we don't have to include babies in the numbers anyway. I think its different when a child is so young, I know Alfie wouldn't be ok being away from us for a whole day/evening. Maybe if you spoke to her and explained you didn't feel comfortable leaving your LO all day they would let you take him?

I had kids at my wedding, not many but enough!
Culturally speaking forbidding kids to attend is a massive no-no, its not the done thing at all!
If someone invited me and said no kids then that'd be fine with me, however it'd have to be across the board and not just my kid for me not to be a bit offended!

Weddings are costly and i can see why people would wanna cut down by not inviting children, but weddings are meant to be a family affair and having no kids there would be just wierd!!!

i'm saying no kids to the evening due at my wedding, after all kids don't need to see people drunk and being idiots.........

but during the day, my niece and nephew will be invited as long as they behave....... its a small wedding 25 or so guest.. and running kids would upset a lot of people

They're perfectly within their rights to request that no children attend their wedding but personally I wouldn't go :shrug:

I had No Children Allowed at my wedding and I Loved it. Myself and my family are Huge children Lovers and I wanted to be selfish that day and I wanted it to me about MEand my DH and not about the cute, adorable little ones running around. I was also a Nanny the time I got married (had been a nanny for 5 plus years) and my thought was- My DH isn't bringing his work to the wedding, why should I? I would spend the whole day worrying about the children, dropping their napkin, or that they knocked over their milk..
Plus we had a smaller wedding with only 70 guests, if we invited the children to come there would have been about 30 children...
The parents who did come had a GREAT time, not having to worry about what their children were doing and got to party.
Remember the wedding day is for the Bride and Groom and no one else..

There was a thread about this not long ago - personally i do not want kids or babies at anything were alcohol and dancing are involved, im not 100% against it up to about 7pm, but once the party starts thats it, theres nothing worse than kids kicking balloons about, you dare not dance, my friends uncle fell on her at a wedding when she was 7 and broke her arm... needless to say she agrees lol xxx

I had kids at my wedding but I do understand why some people don't if they don't have children themselves. x

Remember the wedding day is for the Bride and Groom and no one else..

I don't like the concept of "no kid weddings" but to that ^^^ I must agree 100%. It is their day and nobody else's, it's their choice. Whether they want Elvis to officiate, have it on a sandy beach in bare feet, who cares, if you don't like it then don't go.

I'm not going to my best friend's wedding because he chose something I cannot attend but it's his day and I would never complain to him or expect him to adjust what he wants for his special day.

i wouldn't go :shrug: x

SNAP :haha: i wouldn't go either :haha: this is probably why we don't get invited to many do's :haha: there are now 2 adults and 3 kids and a baby :haha: the family of 6 screams too much noise!!! am i bothered:shrug: nope! :happydance: we had kids at our wedding how could i decline anyway? when i already had 3 !! lol i'm not fussed though really its up to the b&g what they want but for me it needs kids! x

My brother is having no kids at his wedding which I think is fair enough BUT he has asked my niece to be a flower girl and said that she has to go home before the meal! Tbh he has no kids and probably just hasn't thought through how rude this is. The poor wee girl is gutted she won't get to dance in her pretty dress (she's 4). My sis didn't know this when she agreed for her to be flower girl or she would have said no. I think we are just selfish before we have kids but I was the same too so can't complain!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->