For ladies due over the next few weeks, are you OHs drinking over the festive period?

suzanne108

Reaction score
As it says in the title....will your OHs/birthing partners be drinking over xmas? Or will they abstain in case you go into labour or need taking to hospital?

I won't go into my rant on why I'm asking, but you can probably guess!!! x

my OH was going to, but had to go hospital the other day as i thought my waters had broke, but they hadnt, but now hes paniking shes going to come any day so hes not drinking anymore, which is great haha!! xx

My OH is at his work's Christmas do tonight where he'll be drinking his bodyweight I'd imagine! As from tomorrow he's said he's not going to drink just in case. I suspect the hangover tomorrow morning will help to confirm this!

I'm not due over the holidays, but my husband never drinks so much he wouldn't be able to drive.

My OH is at his work's Christmas do tonight where he'll be drinking his bodyweight I'd imagine! As from tomorrow he's said he's not going to drink just in case. I suspect the hangover tomorrow morning will help to confirm this!

Ha same as my hubby, he's at his works do tonight, i'm sure his bad head tomorrow and having to go to work & xmas shopping tomrrow will stop anymore drinking! x

I am not due til March and my husband has assured me he will only have a drink or 2 early so he is safe to drive me and LO home. He doesnt want to risk anything with the precious cargo :D

My hubby rarely drinks more than a few, but I don't care how much he drinks over Christmas. If I were as far along as you though, I think I'd be a little umm, annoyed if he was planning to get legless with a good chance of needing to drive me to the hospital.

well im not due anytime soon but my OH will not be drinking until after the baby is born as im not allowed 2 drink

My hubby rarely drinks more than a few, but I don't care how much he drinks over Christmas. If I were as far along as you though, I think I'd be a little umm, annoyed if he was planning to get legless with a good chance of needing to drive me to the hospital.

Its not babys dad I'm worried about to be honest....he's actually being quite responsible for a change and not drinking over xmas, even though he doesn't need to get to the hospital straight away! (well he said he's not drinking anyway.....can only presume he's telling the truth, he lives 150 miles away so he won't be much help drunk or sober!)

Its my birth partner, she's one of my best friends and planning on going out on boxing night....feel a bit mean denying her a drink over xmas but she said she didn't mind. And I don't feel comfortable to ask her not to!

My mum isn't drinking though in case anything happens, so she could always be at the hospital with me although I know she doesn't want to be in the room for labour....

I'll probs go overdue anyway but think I might be a little worried on boxing night!!!

(I said I wasn't gonna go into my rant didn't I?! :dohh: )

:flower:

Hubby loves his drink but he's not touched a drop since end of November. As this is our 1st we weren't taking any chances on the off chance something happened early. X

my mum and sister are my birth partners and they are restricting their drinking, as is my dad who will be on driving duties also.

we arent massive drinkers anyway but i do feel guilty that they cant drink what they want.

Me and my hubby were discussing this the other day. I was wondering how much driving was I going to have to do over the Christmas period and he said none. He said he didn't want to drink anything until the baby comes so he can drive. It was quite an emotional time that he had thought that all on his own - obviously a little bit of hormones making me soppy - but at least we both have a sober Christmas and New Year :)

Yes, DH will be drinking... I don't really see it as a problem. You'll typically spend so much time in the early stages of labour (at least, I expect I will as it's my 1st) anyhow that there will be enough time for him to sober up. He won't be getting plastered or anything. We don't drive, though, plus we're planning for a home birth, so the drive to the hospital isn't an issue.

My brother has asked if I could wait until after xmas to go into labour as he is on driving duty. He lives 3 doors away, OH doesn't drive and isn't living with me anymore anyway :( SIL doesn't drink, but my bro would rather drive than deal with me in labour :rofl: My mum & dad rarely drink and are only 10 mins away, so I think I'll have enough sober bodies around me.

Its not babys dad I'm worried about to be honest....he's actually being quite responsible for a change and not drinking over xmas, even though he doesn't need to get to the hospital straight away! (well he said he's not drinking anyway.....can only presume he's telling the truth, he lives 150 miles away so he won't be much help drunk or sober!)

Its my birth partner, she's one of my best friends and planning on going out on boxing night....feel a bit mean denying her a drink over xmas but she said she didn't mind. And I don't feel comfortable to ask her not to!

My mum isn't drinking though in case anything happens, so she could always be at the hospital with me although I know she doesn't want to be in the room for labour....

I'll probs go overdue anyway but think I might be a little worried on boxing night!!!

(I said I wasn't gonna go into my rant didn't I?! :dohh: )

:flower:

Buy her a nice bottle of wine or champagne (or a six pack or whatever her preferred beverage is) for her to have a drink to celebrate after the baby's born!

I am only 29 weeks so not so far on as you, but there is NO WAY my OH would stop drinking over the holiday period! He feels it is his right and as he's not pregnant why shouldn't he.

HOWEVER, he will stop when I hit 35 weeks or so as we have 1 1/2 hour drive to the hospital and no one else to drive - its just a good job this isn't over Christmas/New Year, or I would be in a constant panic.

I can guess what your saying and although it never works for me, you could try asking him (when your calm.) Perhaps see if he would ask someone else to abstain for the night, so he can drink, to ensure you have some help if needed IYKWIM. Also explain that if he is too drunk to be there for you at the birth, it is him that will miss out on that experience and regret it, not you - you'll be there whatever...

(((HUGS)))

Love
Kx

Sorry just read full post - doh! Same applies though...

Kx

well i was pondering this one the other night, normally my dh wouldnt touch a drop after i get to about 38 weeks, but due to gestational diabetes i may be induced early (in which case i would know in advance so obviously he wouldnt have a drink) but yeah we will likely get some cans in so he can have a couple in the evening
chances are i will be driving to the hosp, unless in serious labour, worst case scenario - we will get a taxi up, which is actually a pain as the hosp is 16 miles away and would take him an age to get home lol
so yeah, he will have a couple, but not get drunk x

So I will be 37wks on Christmas Day.

OH has said several times that he will not drink over the festive period so that he is ready to go should something happen.....

But a few of my friends have said its actually best to just get a taxi as OH will not be in a fit state to drive anyway if we are in labour!! And it means you dont have to worry about parking at hospital?

So, I have convinced him to have a drink!!

I dont think this wee ones going anywhere for a long while. She is still breech- getting loads of movement but still feeling great - no pains/twinges/BHs or anything x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->