For ladies due over the next few weeks, are you OHs drinking over the festive period?

Mine's not stopping drinking, and I haven't asked him too. but as he doesn't drive we don't have to worry about that side of things,
he has however agreed that he will restrict his drinking, and he won't get drunk at any stage, NYE we're spending at home so no worries there, and I'm okay with him having a beer or two, or glass of wine or two at home of an evening as I know that he'll still be okay to support me should I go into labour.

My OH doesn't drink much anyway but he's said he's not bothered about a drink. Even if he changed his mind and wanted one, it wouldn't matter. I've got a choice of 8 other drivers in the family....guess i'm extremely lucky really! Would have been 9 but i'm not allowed to drive myself there :haha:

Yep, think it went from 1 xmas eve to none to an all dayer! N probs 4 few days afta, think its his mates n step dad that encouraged it. When asked how id get to the hospital his step dad replied "oh she can get a taxi" i dont think so, thanks 4 being mindful evety1 lol i can c sum brussel sprouts flyin this xmas lol, i dont mind but spare a thought.

well I am not due till feb but as its twins we are on alert from now really. OH is going to have a few but not enough for it to be an issue if we have to get to the hospital - we will just get a taxi.

DH has been on a self imposed alcohol ban since halloween, just in case! I was hoping he'd stop by December but didn't have to ask :)

DH decided himself that he didn't want to drink over xmas and new year 'just in case'. He is the designated driver when it comes to getting to hospital (although at the moment the car is snowed in :dohh: ) and even if he isn't over the limit he says he wants a completely clear head for the whole thing. It was his birthday last week, and he only had a shandy, bless! :beer:

My hubby is going to drink over christmas and new year, though not to excess, as my parents are staying with us. After that he is stopping so he can be on-call 24/7!!

dh wont be drinking with christmas dinner he doesnt drink much anyway and im not due for a couple of months but hes said from Valentines onward (36ish weeks ) then he wont be drinking more than our usual glass of champane on our wedding anniversary which is only days before baby is due lol

my partner isnt going to be drinking, although i should have had her by now! lol
my mum is my birthing partner as well but she keeps drinking sherry and baileys lol, and she doesnt live nr the hospital at all, so itll be her own fautl if she cant make it!

Well my birthing partner mentioned this to me tonight. She said that boxing day was the last time she'd be drinking until baby arrives, and if I have any twinges or feelings during the day to let her know and she won't go. I can't imagine I'll have baby early to be honest....it will be just my luck to go over by 10 days then have a nasty induction!

So I'm feeling a bit better about it....she's giving up her new years eve for me so I'll let her have boxing day!

My DH stopped drinking anything from about 32 weeks onwards just in case, but he doesn't drink much anyway.

Gem x

im not due over xmas but my hubby aint really a drinker!...

Touchy topic for me tonight this :growlmad: Yup, hubby is having a drink, which is completely fine with me but I wish he wasn't so bloody condemning when I merely mention how I "fancy a glass of wine" :growlmad: A**ehole!! :gun::gun: xx

my oh is staying completely sober :happydance: (or so he says lol) he better :p x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->