For ladies who have an Rh Negative blood type...

Oh and I have had it in both my bum and my arm. So I think it really depends on who is giving it to you!

BlackBerry25, on another thread I found it said that the 28 week one is in your arm and the one after birth is in your bum. Is this what happened to you too ? It also said that the one in your arm hurts more D: oh gosh I really don't know why I google things like this and then allow myself to freak out xD I'm actually nearly crying because I'm that scared now hahaha ! :dohh:

Nope, I had it in the bum for the first few times I had it. I had it in the arm with this pregnancy when I went in at 7 weeks.

I HATE NEEDLES, and its just like a normal little needle. Not like getting your blood taken :sick:

I always ask for them to use a butterfly needle now !! (They're smaller and thinner than normal ones haha), I used to make whoever was with me to ask because I'd be to embarassed, but now I just walk into the room and before the doctor/whoever even says anything I demand a butterfly needle hahaha ! XD

Did you find that it hurt more in the bum or in the arm ? Again, on the other thread I found, a lot of the women said it was less painful in the bum for some reason, but I'm just getting used to being able to relax when I have them in my arm so I don't want them randomly doing it somewhere I'm not comfortable with xD x

I would hope so, Joesgirl !! :) I want this baby to have at least one sibling. I'm an only child and have always wished that I had siblings, plus people used to say I was 'spoiled' because I was the only kid so my parents would spend everything on me instead of things being divided between children etc. I want my little one to have a little brother/sister to grow up with and be friends with, and perhaps not be judged as being 'spoiled' !! XD x

Don't worry at all! There's lots of us with Rh negative blood and I haven't heard of anyone having problems. Like I said, this is my third baby, third pregnancy. The shot is just a precaution. And don't worry about the shot. I've always had to have mine in the bum/hip and it's such a thin needle you barely feel anything. I don't even think it burned or anything. Very unmemorable, and I'm not fond of IV's, getting bloods drawn, etc..

Oh my god ! :o what ? XD I was NOT told that it would be in my bum/hip ! :dohh: I assumed it would be a normal arm jab ! Oh noooo, now I'm really scared because I've only ever had needles/bloods taken in my arm ! Oh god I'm going all squeemy now and can't sit still haha ! :wacko: I'm actually struggling to type because it's making me dizzy ! XD arghhh I'm so scared. :( I wish they'd bloody tell me these things so I could prepare myself xD ! Do I have to have it ? Is it compulsory ? :( or can I demand it in my arm ? :dohh: x

Oh sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! The bum bothered me less because I couldn't see it! Well I suppose you could have your OH's blood tested and if he's negative you don't really have to have them at all! It's worth a shot, lol, seriously no pun intended.

Yeah, I guess the bum isnt bad because you can't see it. Really depends on the person giving it!

I had it in my arm on Wednesday, it stung for about 3secs then it was over. Just close your eyes & think of a happy place! Lol

I think I get another one at either 34 or 36 weeks, but I think this may depend on your area as to whether you get it or not.

Also just want to note, if you have a blow to your stomach then you may need to get another jab, not just if you have any spotting/bleeding.

Wow, I thought that I wouldn't have to endure anymore. Ahhh special blood... LOL

Rh- doesnt increase chances of miscarriage or have an effect on mc at all. You do run the risk of having a blue baby though if you didnt get the shot in your earlier pregnancies

Rh- doesnt increase chances of miscarriage or have an effect on mc at all. You do run the risk of having a blue baby though if you didnt get the shot in your earlier pregnancies

It can cause mc if you don't have the Anti-D shots & you are carrying a Rh+ baby & their blood mixes with yours. Your body will make anti-bodies against Rh+ blood so any subsequent pregnancies where you carry a Rh+ baby, your body will "attack" it in the same way as an infection.

& yes it can cause you to have a "blue" baby which may need a blood transfusion.

It can cause mc if you don't have the Anti-D shots & you are carrying a Rh+ baby & their blood mixes with yours. Your body will make anti-bodies against Rh+ blood so any subsequent pregnancies where you carry a Rh+ baby, your body will "attack" it in the same way as an infection.

& yes it can cause you to have a "blue" baby which may need a blood transfusion.

my sister is 0- and has pcos and the docs say a combo of both is the reason she lost her baby at 16 weeks :/

i got all worried then zane was born blue but nothing was done to him

I had it in my arm on Wednesday, it stung for about 3secs then it was over. Just close your eyes & think of a happy place! Lol

I think I get another one at either 34 or 36 weeks, but I think this may depend on your area as to whether you get it or not.

Also just want to note, if you have a blow to your stomach then you may need to get another jab, not just if you have any spotting/bleeding.

Yes, very important point that was missed! If you have a fall or hit your stomach really hard, go to the ER as you may need another shot.

It is serious, but not so serious if you know your blood type and get the needles.

Hmm, now I'm worrying about whether I need to go to hospital or not. Yesterday me and OH had to walk to the nearest shopping centre to buy some things for mothers' day. On the way home, it was SUPER windy, and OH was walking next to me, the wind sort of went inside one of the heavier bags and it flew out to the side and banged me in the belly. It hurt for a second but I just wanted to get home because of the massive gusts of wind. Should I have gone to hospital or is this just a minor bump ? I'd totally forgot about it til now. X

my sister is 0- and has pcos and the docs say a combo of both is the reason she lost her baby at 16 weeks :/

Was it her 1st baby?

They only do anti-d's at 30 weeks now at my hospital? I may need one after the birth too. :) x

I wouldn't worry about the bag hitting you. More if you tripped and landed on your bump :hugs: or were in a minor car accident. Those type of things :hugs:

Was it her 1st baby?

yeah it was her first baby, shes not been pregnant since so not sure if she can carry.
but my aunties on dads side kept having mc (several) and was told it was their blood, which worried me but i think its just easier for docs to blame something rather then find the reason

if u need a anti d for every bump id be in 12 times a day with my little boy hitting me lol

Anti bodies can be caused by any positive blood mixing with yours in any circumstance such as transfusion or you and a positive blood group person each having a cut/scratch and accidentally mixing blood. It's not just through pregnancy and child birth.

I am A- and with my son didn't have the anti-D until after he was born. They did not tell me his blood group, just injected me in my bum. I had regular blood tests during pregnancy to test for anti bodies. Now it's different, it is one jab around 30 weeks. Unless bleeding occurs. I will also have one more test for anti bodies.

It isn't anything to be too concerned about as they have a pretty good handle on it. But it can cause miscarriage if you do develop anti bodies. Kanga was wrong I'm afraid.

Try not to worry too much. I'm sure you'll be fine. Many of us Rhesus negative ladies have healthy babies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->