For Mommies with Closely Aged Babies-

Annubrius

Reaction score
Hello all!

It's been a while since i've legitimately been around and POSTED something. so, Hello again!

I'm posting today to ask about mommies that have had babies very close together and how they managed. I know it's not easy, but HOW difficult IS it really?? We've already dealt with one- how hard could the next one be, since we've already been through it before?? .. Right? .. Wrong from what I hear.

I know a lot of women who became pregnant just WEEKS after giving birth to their first!! WOWZA! Really ladies?! Hahaha. You're heroes.

But in all seriousness; My DH and I have been talking about giving our son a younger brother or sister.. but we wanted to wait a while. [5 years at least.] But OH was thinking sooner..! At least I know that's what he's thinking and he won't tell me.

But with the horrible PPD I experienced with #1, i'm legitimately scared of what might happen with #2. I'd really hate to feel the same way I did all over again.

I guess my question is; For those of you who have babies that are 2 years and younger apart, how was your experience and how did it work for you? How did YOU make it work for you?

-A-

My toddlers are 13 months apart, we found out we were pregnant with our 2nd, when our daughter was 3 1/2 months old. For me, it is not that difficult but I have siblings and my mom was a teacher- I have always loved children and wanted a big family, I am also a teach now. I really think it depends on each person. My husband and I are pregnant with our 3rd baby, this one will be just 3 years and almost 2 years apart from our other two. :)

Thanks for the reply!

Another reason for wanting another baby kind of early is so our DS has a playmate! We're so sad seeing him play by himself all the time and some times during the day when I need to get cleaning done, he has an absolute fit!

It hurts us to see him get so frustrated.. He has a horrible habit of hitting his head against the floor when he gets mad and it's just heartbreaking. :C [suggestions on this are welcomed as well!!]

Mine are 13mths apart. At first it was Very had. Trying to juggle a 13mth old high needs baby and a newborn was very challenging.
When ds2 was 4mths it got a lot easier now that ds2 is 6mths they are on the same routine its much easier. Watching ds1 and 2 play together is great :)

We had ours close in age so thet would play together and be friends. We dont have many young kids in our neighborhood..

Mine are 13mths apart. At first it was Very had. Trying to juggle a 13mth old high needs baby and a newborn was very challenging.
When ds2 was 4mths it got a lot easier now that ds2 is 6mths they are on the same routine its much easier. Watching ds1 and 2 play together is great :)

We had ours close in age so thet would play together and be friends. We dont have many young kids in our neighborhood..

thanks for the reply!

Yeah I can see how the first 6mo to a year would be hard. but once baby is up and running and can keep up with Older sibling, that would be easier in a sense. I guess I'm just wondering when the best age is to have another.. seems to be between 2 and 3 is a sweet spot.

Sibling jealousy is another thing I worry about. but that's something that I need to teach them about..

I have 15 months between my two girls and for me I found the first few months pretty hard but I did have a c sec and my eldest took her time walking (18 months) and was pretty demanding and upset that I could not constantly pick her up so we had quite a few tantrums.

My girls are now 13 months and 28 months and it's getting much better. They are starting to enjoy each other now and it is getting better each week as Tabitha can do more and I honestly wouldn't change the small gap I had for nothing. Niah was never a great sleeper and quite a demanding baby so we never had a lull before the second came along so we just got on with it and although it is can still be quite hard work (terrible two's lol) it really does get easier.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

So, my kids are 53 weeks apart to the DAY. At first I was pretty freaked out, I almost had an abortion, in all honesty. I didn't want kids that close together and I had a HORRIBLE birth and few weeks after with my first. I was terrified. The first year with a new baby and a one year old was interesting. Actually, it's mostly a blur, lol. I don't like that I honestly can't remember much from his first year. I was SO tired ALL the time. Now that they're almost 4 and 5, it's AMAZING. They're BFFs, love eachother, play together, have mostly the same friends in school and are almost on the same level and interested in the same things, which really makes it easy to plan outtings and go out as a family. My BFF just had a baby last week and her other daughter is 5. It's nice that the older one can help, but outings and planning activities is gonna be hard for them

14 minutes apart here lol so no decisions to make about age gaps lol. BUT I will say you just do cope and get through - newborn twins is a special kind of torture lol one that I wouldn't rush to do again bit hey they are three now and a joy! You reap was yoh sow after all and god the sowing was exhausting lol x

I have a 2.5 year age gap at the moment, but will soon be the proud 'owner' of 3 under 4 lol (I say owner as it's more like that sometimes lol) with a 15 month age gap between ds2 and baby3.

We actually wanted to wait for another 2-3 year age gap but baby had other ideas lol. But, I can already tell that while it's going to be tough at times, It'll work for us. :thumbup: The nice thing about the 2.5 years was that Earl was very independent by the time Eddy came along, and was potty trained within weeks of Eddy's arrival too which helped a lot. I think having 2 'babies' is going to be a whole new challenge, but at least I have Earl's routine to keep me sane! He's 4 in October and goes to pre-school etc......it means we have to be strict and active too. No lazing about in pyjamas every day here! lol (shame....I miss that lol).

There is 13 months between my girls and honestly I haven't struggled at all I think because poppy seems to be ahead for age that helps. Freya was not an easy baby reflux lactose intolerant and poop problems but I still loved it. The hardest part is pregnancy. We are even planning our 3rd! And for us that's huge as we have always only wanted 2 we would have even tried for 3 under 3 but my best friend has been trying since fell pregnant with freya for her second so we are going to wait and let her enjoy her pregnancy and new baby but a November baby 2014 is being planned :) I can't comment on pnd as I haven't suffered but ive read alot on here of women who don't suffer with the next baby. Good luck x

My ds is 2 on Monday and dd is 9 months. The first few months were a bit tough, having to do all the night feeds (bf'ing) and then having a very on the go toddler was draining and I'd often be in bed by 8 at night just to catch up on some sleep. But we did move 259 miles away from friends and family when dd was only 10 days old so that was tough too. Bt I do lve the age gap now, they are like best friends and are always up to mischief together. I'm 21 weeks preggers with #3 so ds will be 2.5 years and dd 14 months when this one comes and although I know it's going to be hellish for a few months it will be worth it in the long run!

13 month age gap here. So far it's been surprisingly easy. I think it will get more difficult when DS is in the move.. But there is no jealousy (I think she's too young for it) and DD adores her baby brother - always kissing and hugging him. I don't think she'll grow up remembering a time he wasnt here.

Ps I also had PPD with my first. Didn't experience it at all with my second... Even though I kept expecting to. X

Wow, you ladies are BUSY!!! Hahaha. Thank you all for your replies! I look forward to more!

12.5 months between mine and it really hasn't been hard at all. Yes, we're surrounded by nappies/poo/crying babies and I'd love to be able to sleep for more than 3 hours in a row, but we planned to have babies so close together so we knew what we were getting ourselves into. It's tiring, yes, but perfectly manageable and I absolutely love the fact that they play so well together now.

I think the key is to have low expectations! We were realistic and knew it would be tiring, so we just deal with it. DD still doesn't STTN which might bother some people, but I've stopped worrying about her doing things at certain times, which makes life much. easier!

My DD and DS1 are 22 and a half months apart in age.

They bicker like mad, yet love each other like crazy. They are more each others peers rather than a big sister vs a little brother.

In some ways the age gap between DD and DS2 is easier (1 day short of 4 years), because they don't bicker so much, but in other ways she gets a bit frustrated with him tagging along after her so often, because he doesn't want to be left out, but then she feels he's hindering her independence a bit.

On the other hand, there's 25 months between DS1 and DS2, and they aren't as close really for some reason.

It REALLY just depends on the individual kids.

I have 10 months 2 weeks between mine in honestly the 1st year was quite easy as youngest didnt demand all attention it was once he was walking that things got tough, try running after two toddlers both in different directions at park lol

mine are like best friends and fight like brothers lol
i youngest was 2 last week and is wanting to be potty trained at same time as eldest so doing everything together development wise if you get me

all sleepless nights were together and just about done rather thn have a longer gap get one lot over then next one starts

Mine are 19 months apart. It wasn't that bad for me when DD2 was little because DD2 was a laid-back, easy baby. They love each other so much and have an amazing bond. The one thing I would say is that lately (since DD2 was about 1.5), I feel guilty sometimes for not giving DD1 the attention I know I would have if DD2 was younger. DD2 is into everything, and especially while we are out I have to trail her because she will take off if I don't. I try to make up for it with more one-on-one outings/activities with DD1, but can't help feeling she deserves a little more. Overall though, we wouldn't change it - DD1 doesn't know life without DD2 and they adore each other and play well together.

You just learn to cope! I always knew I wanted a big family so started trying straight after dd was born, there are 15 months between dd and ds and I can honestly say iv never looked back!
Yes it's kind of hard adjusting but I found it harder going from none to 1! At least u already have a routine with a toddler and the baby just fits in with that routine!
Breast feeding helped a lot as it was just quicker and easier than bottles and dd entertained herself a lot of the time!

Now that dd is 2.5 and ds is 15 month they play together wonderfully and are starting to talk to each other which is lovely! It's brought dd on so much too!

Il soon have 3 under 3 and I'm honestly not 'that' scared! Haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->