For Mommies with Closely Aged Babies-

18 months between mine and while there have been some tough moments, I honestly believe you will have tough moments no matter what the age difference.

For example, mine play so well together now (at 3 and 1.5) and are a great source of entertainment for each other, but they can both be extremely needy at the exact same time (as, even at 3, F still needs us to do a lot of things for him). My friend, on the other hand, has an age gap of 3.5 years and her 5 year old won't have anything to do with the 1.5 year old, so she has to have separate things to entertain them, yet her 5 year old can obviously dress herself, go to the washroom alone, etc, and can be a big help when my friend is busy with the younger one.

Pros and cons to each:)

Having a baby and toddler was easy peasy!

2 toddlers however has driven me a little bit nuts! :wacko:

You just learn to cope! I always knew I wanted a big family so started trying straight after dd was born, there are 15 months between dd and ds and I can honestly say iv never looked back!
Yes it's kind of hard adjusting but I found it harder going from none to 1! At least u already have a routine with a toddler and the baby just fits in with that routine!
Breast feeding helped a lot as it was just quicker and easier than bottles and dd entertained herself a lot of the time!

Now that dd is 2.5 and ds is 15 month they play together wonderfully and are starting to talk to each other which is lovely! It's brought dd on so much too!

Il soon have 3 under 3 and I'm honestly not 'that' scared! Haha x

I love this! I have always wanted a big family also. My toddlers are almost 2.5 and 16 months old- currently pregnant and 11 weeks! Our children age gaps are pretty close!

These stories are so encouraging! We planned ours close because we wanted out kids to have a close relationship, and it sounds like that's the consensus here. :flower: Mine will be 16 months apart, but my brother and I are 13 months apart, and we were best friends growing up and still have a special bond. :)

My boys are 17 months to the day apart.

I found the first few months very hard. Without the support of my family I don't know what I would have done.

By 4 months I could feel it was getting easier - and now at 6 months we have ok routines and they interact with each other which is nice.

Once LO is mobile they will love playing together - LO idolises his big brother all ready. Always wants to be near him, hold his hand, play with him - watching him & smiling at him.
My biggest wasn't sure about LO at first and didn't really want much to do with him - we didn't push it, just let him decide as and when he wanted to be involved.

Now he fetches toys & dummy's for his little brother and pulls faces at him and tickles him to make him laugh & smile - it's so cute watching them.

It's been a really tough 6 months but I can see as they get older & become friends & play mates as well as brothers it will be great watching them together.

Stalking! I just found out I'm pregnant with #2 and DD is a little over 14 months. There will be around 22 1/2 months between them. We wanted them close in age so they can be interested in the same things. We only plan on having two kids and can't wait to complete our family.

18m gap between my first two. Found it very easy and that is saying something considering my second still hasn't slept through the night. My first slept through the night from 12 weeks. They have the same nap times and no school runs so i found it easy. I will have 22m between last and next which i don't consider close in age as it is almost 2 years.

I have a 3 and 1 year old and wouldn't have it any other way. Now that Liam can be played with, it's amazing for Eamon and it's good for me too because they amuse each other a lot :)

I spoke too soon. Eamon just stole a toy from Liam, who is screaming as if he has been mortally wounded....

My boys are 17 months to the day apart.

I found the first few months very hard. Without the support of my family I don't know what I would have done.

By 4 months I could feel it was getting easier - and now at 6 months we have ok routines and they interact with each other which is nice.

Once LO is mobile they will love playing together - LO idolises his big brother all ready. Always wants to be near him, hold his hand, play with him - watching him & smiling at him.
My biggest wasn't sure about LO at first and didn't really want much to do with him - we didn't push it, just let him decide as and when he wanted to be involved.

Now he fetches toys & dummy's for his little brother and pulls faces at him and tickles him to make him laugh & smile - it's so cute watching them.

It's been a really tough 6 months but I can see as they get older & become friends & play mates as well as brothers it will be great watching them together.

my boys are also 17 months to the day apart!

I think how you cope depends on you as a person. Having said that I thought I was a strong, can-cope-with-anything type but having 2 boys so close has knocked me for 6 and Im now in therapy! (for real) :rofl:

Seriously, ours was a happy surprise as we had DS1 through IVF. I personally found the first year TOUGH and it has gone by so fast I feel sad that I spent a lot of it crying, stressed and tired. I would say that now, at one and 2, the bond they are forming is so worth all the stress. Only yesterday morning Jack announced that Tommy was his best friend. I could have cried, its the best thing he's ever said. And the way they are starting to play together now, chasing each other and laughing and seeing how they look at each other and interact, and watching them literally grow up together....well, its what life is all about isn't it?

I think my main advice would be, it might be VERY tough at first, but if you can get through that bit then having a close age gap is so rewarding. Im enjoying them the most I ever have at the ages they are right now. (even if DS2 is still a right whinge-bag!!!)

Stalking! I just found out I'm pregnant with #2 and DD is a little over 14 months. There will be around 22 1/2 months between them. We wanted them close in age so they can be interested in the same things. We only plan on having two kids and can't wait to complete our family.

Congratulations! :D

I spoke too soon. Eamon just stole a toy from Liam, who is screaming as if he has been mortally wounded....

Hahahah, even with happy relationships, there are bumps in the road! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->