For Mom's having their 2nd child, advice?!

musicmomma

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you all decided to do with the placing of the carseats. My daughter is 4 and has had the middle spot in our backseat for 4 years now. I don't know whether to move her to the side and put baby in the middle, or to just keep her their and put baby on the side?!

I was just wondering what others are doing, or if I'm making a big deal about this?

Most cars don't fit the side/middle arrangement. We put toddler behind driver and baby behind passenger.

We are going to try and put baby in the middle but i doubt both of them will fit sitting that close together. Right now my 2 year old (almost 2 year old) sits behind the passenger seat right now so I can hand her cups, toys, etc... putting the carseat in soon so we will see how they fit.

Right now my ds sits behind me (driver) and thats where he will stay i will put baby behind passenger. Ds is forward facing so i can see him in my mirror as baby will be rear facing it'll be easier if hes behind passenger so should i need to i can reach him with dummy/to check on him

Also realize if you put a toddler right next to baby(seats squished close together, you have to deal with the toddler being able to reach, touch, prod the baby and the sunshades, etc. Best to keep them out of reach!

I have a 2 and 4 yr old dds I'm putting the 2 yr old behind dad (diver) 4 yr old in the middle and ds behind me (pass) its going to be squished but. 4yr old is in a boster and is really good with babies

I too am going to have my toddler behind drivers seat and put the infant seat behind passengers seat. My car ( which is a smaller one) would never fit one in the middle next to one on the side.

my 2yo DD is still RF behind passenger. But i think i'll turn her FF behind me (so i can see in mirror hopefully) and then put baby RF behind passenger seat. I have a mirror on the headrest of my rear passenger seat, so i can see dd now (and baby in a few months) im sure i'll be moving my rearview mirror a lot, depending on who i need to look at LOL.

For #3, we had to by a minivan. Neither of our cars would have fit three car seats across. I know a few people who manage to do it, and I could never deal with getting them all in and out! But I know sometimes you just have to.

We've had ds behind passenger seat (FF) until now... But have just moved him to behind drivers seat and put baby seat (RF) behind passenger seat. We just figured that when there is only one of us in the car, it's most important to be able to see/reach baby. We have a mirror on back seat so we'll be able to see baby in the rear view mirror.

I'm hopping we can fit all 3 in the back of the truck! If not were screwed! Haha

My lb (whos nearly 5 now) has always been behind passenger - was easiest as single mum when driving. He will probably have to move behind driver as only have small car (3 doors) so will be easier to get baby in and out if behind passenger.

If my partner is driving (which he usually does) then will probably put lb in front and me in back with baby! Luckily my lb's seat is easy enough to move and light weight!

DS is RF behind the passenger and I think we'll put the baby's seat behind the driver. I doubt it would fit in the middle but I'll try that first. I don't think DS could reach the baby if they're both RF side by side as his seat curves around him a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->