For people who are worried about fundal height measurements

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
As you may be aware, my fundal height is measuring 5 weeks behind. I had a growth scan at 31w5d and everything was fine, but my bump has still continued to grow slowly. I had another one today and despite being 38+2 my bump is still measuring around the 32-33cm mark, Flump is weighing 6lbs 6oz. So don't painc about your fundal height as I am living proof that a little bump doesn't have to mean a little baby.

Couldn't agree more! Far too many variables to make any of it particularly accurate. Great post, btw :)

Noodles I had a nosy at your bump pictures on FB and, don't take this the wrong way, but your bump doesn't look that little! I was surprised at how nice and big it was after reading about your probs with FH. (I hope you don't mind me saying that!!!!)

Thanks for the post :) I'm measuring behind...I've had growth scans, my last one was at 36 weeks but they couldnt tell me how much he/she weighed :( xx

Noodles I had a nosy at your bump pictures on FB and, don't take this the wrong way, but your bump doesn't look that little! I was surprised at how nice and big it was after reading about your probs with FH. (I hope you don't mind me saying that!!!!)

Thanks for the post :) I'm measuring behind...I've had growth scans, my last one was at 36 weeks but they couldnt tell me how much he/she weighed :( xx

I know what you mean, I do look huge in those pics. But the measurement is still small which is odd. Prehaps my womb isn't right at the top of the bump as the measurement is actually from the top of your uterus to your pubic bone. I'm getting measured again tomorrow by my normal midwife so let see what her measurements say.

Have a look on your chart, they should have put a circle with a dot in. Look to the right and the weight is there in grams.

Have a look at this link

https://www.gestation.net/fetal_growth/clinicalassessment/restrictedgrowth.jpg

This baby weighs roughly 750g which is roughly 1.6lbs

They haven't done that on my notes! They've plotted babies measurements on the little graphs in the back of my notes but thats it! Oh well, not long til I get to find out when baby "pops" out!!!

Your bump looks lovely though, and great news that you don't need to be induced :thumbup:

Thanks for the post im measuring a couple of weeks behind but im not going to stress over it :):)

xxx

Agreed!!!!
I measured 2-4 weeks behind and bubs was BIG for his age! My midwives explained that fundal height should be taken by the same person each time, and it is the change in size that is important and not how it relates to the number of weeks you are. Otherwise it can be really inaccurate and just cause stress!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"