For pinklightbulb (and other fellow Aussies)

mrs_park

Mummy to THREE BOYS!
Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread for us so we can chat while everyone sleeps!

Oh and we may let you Kiwi's join in as well!

How many Aussie/NZ mummies are out there??

im not an aussie but i do have a baby who woke me up at 4 this morning and is now fast asleep sprawled across my chest. not impresssed lol.

what time is it in australia.

<3

Yay!! :happydance: I feel loved. I'm in fecking Tasmania, it's pissing down with rain right now, and Eamon has picked now to have a nap when he's due for bed in 3 hours :growlmad: OH is on the Playstation so I get the whole upstairs to myself. It's quite nice actually, all this peace and quiet, except for the rain on the roof...

im not an aussie but i do have a baby who woke me up at 4 this morning and is now fast asleep sprawled across my chest. not impresssed lol.

what time is it in australia.

<3

It's 3pm here :thumbup: Is it the early hours there?

Oh no :dohh:

It's 2:50 in the afternoon. LO is down from a nap and so is DH.DH worked his second job last night and didn't get home til 2:30am so it's a very lazy Sunday afternoon in our household :)

Hope you get some sleep soon!!

Oooh I love the sound of rain on the roof! Makes me want to curl up with a blanky and cuppa tea!

I have always wanted to go to Tassie, it's next on my travel list! :)

We don't have any heating in this house so we have to use a radiator plug-in heater, it eats power like nothing else, my last bill was $615 for 3 months :growlmad: Someone told me by law they have to provide heating in rental properties now. There is an open fire but the chimney is capped so we can't use it. It's freezing cause I don't want to pay another bill (at my old place I had a bill for $1000 :shock:) like the ones I have been getting :nope: I'm so cold.....

Oooo that's a nasty bill! We have a reverse cycle air con but it's so expensive to run so we bought a gas heater (we have natural gas where we are) which is super cheap to run and works well. I don't know what we'd do without it!

5pm here, in raining Canterbury, living out of a motel while my house is rebuilt post earthquake!
Southern hemisphere rocks tho!

It sure does! I love my home down under! Sorry to hear about your home :hugs: how long is the rebuild expected to take?

It's horrible, is power so expensive on the mainland? It costs a s**tload to install natural gas down here.
Is Canterbury in NZ Farie? Sorry to hear you got caught by the earthquake, we Aussies were all thinking of you guys, it was all over morning TV here after it happened :flower:

All our cooking/water is natural gas and our home already had an outlet for a heater :happydance: our bills ate only ever around $300 a quarter :)

I still remember the morning of the earthquake, it was on every single channel and Isaac was nursing frequently in those days so I just sat on the couch with him with my eyes glued to the screen. It was awful, and we were all thinking of our kiwi cousins :hugs:

I remember BFing, Eamon went on nursing strike at 11 months and never came back to it. :( Silly boy. I am so jealous of your power bills there, it's unreal how badly they rip you off down here, we only have one energy supplier so they get away with it. We need more competition like you have on the mainlaind.

I didnt realize it was like that down there! We do live in a small townhouse so it doesn't use much power...

What part of tassie are you at? Have you always lived there?

I'm in Burnie, it's on the NW coast, right on the beach, so it gets cold with the sea air blowing in all the time :( We live in a 4-bed two-story and it gets soooo freezing, it's floorboards, and open plan with not many doors. It's a one-room-heated at a time situation here and costs a fecking bomb like I said. We only get Aurora energy here. It sucks hard :nope:
charlotte-xo, yuk, I feel your pain, Eamon keeps deciding 6 am is wake-up time. Then the next week it'll be 7.30 am and so I never know what I'm gonna get :haha:

Brrrrr sounds cold, but very beautiful!!

Isaac always wakes at 6am, today it was 6:30 and I couldn't believe it!!

Yay!! :happydance: I feel loved. I'm in fecking Tasmania, it's pissing down with rain right now, and Eamon has picked now to have a nap when he's due for bed in 3 hours :growlmad: OH is on the Playstation so I get the whole upstairs to myself. It's quite nice actually, all this peace and quiet, except for the rain on the roof...

Im in Tasmania too! Burnie to be exact...

Mount Isa, QLD here! nice and cool but sunny here, sure beats the usual 35+ boiling days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"