For the Americans - Election

S

sparkswillfly

I find the American election very odd. Its very different to how it is here. Theres so much mud slinging and nastiness. I have to admit Im no expert but.... Palin supports shouting 'kill him' about Obama is madness. Its not so much about politics as one up manship.

What are your experiences of it? Who are you voting for and why?

Yep,can get quite nasty over here...

I'm undecided yet.I'm a mixture between a democrat and republican so it's always quite a cross path for me :lol:

They get ridiculous here, badmouthing everyone else. I personally am a democrat, (a slightly conservative one), and am voting for Obama.

I think Hillary wasn't chosen as the nominee for the democrats because she spent more time badmouthing Obama, than talking about the issues.

Blah i get lost in all politics!! lol x

I also find it weird how it works over there. What would happen if they made a new rule saying they aren't allowed to insult each other?! Then they would actually have to talk policy lol

I'm voting McCain, Palin.. and actually when that was shouted during her speech she stopped and asked that stuff not be said. Personally i'm a little inbetween but after tonights debate my mind has been made up.

I think i want Obama to win, but i don't live in the US. And it's not really based on an awful lot other than he seems like a nice guy

I cant believe how long it seems to go on for. They showed McCain and Obama on sky news this morning being interviewed by someone and the guy on the news commented on how much they just slate each other, its bizarre.

Yeah, there is entirely too much bad mouthing in our politics. All politicians are liars and it basically comes down to choosing the lesser of two evils. That being said, I'm voting for McCain. I think Mccain has more experience and is truly dedicated to the US.

I dont understand american elections at all, and im not american..and i havent been following the headlines or anything and i dont know names but i think it would be nice if they had a black president, i dunno his veiws or what he plans or anything but i could imagine him having a big impact on america! as would a female president but i hear shes out?

It's ridiculous here. It's basically a bunch of little boys pretending to be men saying " My dick is bigger than yours!". As the election nears, lawns and telephone poles are littered up with signs and my telephone rings constantly with political campaign recordings. No thankyou!

Political campaign recordings on the phone? How odd. Its like a school playground.

I'm personally an Obama fan in a big way, but I'm not against McCain. Sarah Palin, however, is another story all together. I do NOT like that woman at all. I think a lot of the mud slinging is stemming from her and McCain is riding off of it, and Obama is retaliating.

I'm personally an Obama fan in a big way, but I'm not against McCain. Sarah Palin, however, is another story all together. I do NOT like that woman at all. I think a lot of the mud slinging is stemming from her and McCain is riding off of it, and Obama is retaliating.

I have to agree.
The more I hear Sarah Palin speak, or read something she's said or done, the more appalled I get.
I'd feel better if she wasn't the vice-president, personally. I think McCain may have made a hasty choice there - trying to cash in on the disgruntled Hillary voters, maybe? I thought it was a really smart strategy, at first, but Palin has since convinced me otherwise.

I have to agree.
The more I hear Sarah Palin speak, or read something she's said or done, the more appalled I get.
I'd feel better if she wasn't the vice-president, personally. I think McCain may have made a hasty choice there - trying to cash in on the disgruntled Hillary voters, maybe? I thought it was a really smart strategy, at first, but Palin has since convinced me otherwise.

I feel the same way. I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for yet. I think they are both liars and I don't know really who will do a better job. I do know that something needs to be changed!

I have to agree.

I feel the same way. I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for yet. I think they are both liars and I don't know really who will do a better job. I do know that something needs to be changed!

Or your country could pull a Canada and spend $270 million dollars on an election that essentially changed nothing. Because there was nothing else we could possibly have used $270 million dollars on. :dohh:
I hope very much that you are able to find some integrity in one of the candidates. It's disheartening, isn't it?

Just watching the last presidential debate. I think Obama is a lot more intelligent than McCain.

I'm voting McCain Palin, though I'm not really a big fan of them, and not 100% certain. I do know that they will keep in line with what my values are, and they can't do anything too crazy with the checks and balances we have here-- whereas the things that a President can make a difference in without approvals (Supreme court judges for instance), I would rather their choice than Obama's. That and I just think Obama is too smooth, too hollywood for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->