For the mummies who had summer babies

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by shortie1990, Jun 3, 2011.

1. shortie1990

shortie1990 Mummy to two under 2 :)

Aren't you glad you're not heavily pregnant in this heat!! It was 26 degrees before at 5pm when I went out!

And just so glad I'm not like 30+ weeks pregnant swelled up like a balloon like last year :haha:

2. babyerin

babyerin mama to one and pg

It was awful wasn't it! Well, amazing to be pregnant but hard to endure the heat! I melted!

3. rihanna

rihanna Well-Known Member

I hear ya shortie!

4. Katt

Katt Well-Known Member

Last summer was awful! I was also balloon-like!

5. CharlieKeys

CharlieKeys Well-Known Member

:haha: rub it all in why don't ya! :p

6. bambino156

bambino156 Mummy

I had a May 2010 baby and it was really warm in the weeks running up to my due date, it made me feel even more exhausted! We went for a stroll today and I was sweating it was so hot - don't envy all the pg ladies in this heat x

7. Lellow

Lellow Déjà poo ... Get it?

It. Was. AWFUL!!!

Im gonna *try* and not do that again next time!

8. PepsiChic

PepsiChic mummy of 2 boys!

im right there with you! I had LO in july, and he was 6 days overdue i was more then ready for his arrival with this heat!

and i will add the heat here is a LOT worse then in the UK! today for example its 33C but the humidity means it feels closer to 38C. hot hot hot.

9. RHR

RHR Mummy 2 Isabelle & Sophie

Noooo, I'm pregnant again after having my dd last July and am feeling the heat already. I think I'll be moaning a lot about it on facebook.

10. BabyJayne

BabyJayne Me, DH, DD & pregnant

A year ago today was my due date. I had to wait another five days for LO to arrive. I remember sitting in a friend's garden with my elephantitis feet plunged in their little girl's paddling pool while sporting a lovely puce complexion and watching my friends and their OHs drinking wine and beer while I indulged in a sneaky nip of Gaviscon.

11. Torz

Torz Mummy to 2 DS & pregnant

I'm the odd one out as i loved ever second of having a bump when it was hot & i will hopefully do it all over again soon.

I even managed the hottest glastonbury festival on record at 35 weeks pregnant & loved every second. every one was telling me i was stupid for going & i proved them all wrong.

I loved showing my bump off in summery dresses & shorts, bikinis etc & if i got too hot in the garden i turned the sprinkler on lol

12. bbyno1

bbyno1 Well-Known Member

Ahh i was my biggest in June and July (Aliyah was born 28th July) and i was so frustrated and hot all summer!

13. vickie83

vickie83 Mama to 2 little ladybugs

I am soooo having a winter baby next time! :dohh:

14. Nervous_1

Nervous_1 Well-Known Member

I had a winter baby (29th Dec) and let me tell you it is not as easy as you might think! A huge bump makes you unsteady enough without having to add in snow and ice while you waddle along!

15. Mel+Bump

Mel+Bump Well-Known Member

Gah Ive almost forgotten how bad it was but then I look at photos and see how swollen EVERYTHING was. Even the midwives commented on how swollen I was. At 15 days late I wasnt too impressed with my LO.So glad I can enjoy this summer a normal size!

16. Katt

Katt Well-Known Member

That's what I thought it would be like! Lazy days on maternity leave, resting and pottering around the garden etc etc. But no, I was a whale, with tree trunk legs. Could barely walk up the garden path!

Summery clothes were good though, can't imagine having to wrap up for w winter bump!

17. leoniebabey

leoniebabey mam of 2 boys

i had my LO in may 10 and it was sooo warm when i was in labour and in hospital!! glad i avoided the summer being pregnant though i was soo hot today with no bump ect

18. mrs_park

mrs_park Mummy to THREE BOYS!

I had Isaac in the middle of a super hot Aussie summer. The week he was born we were having temps in the high 30's and sone 40 degree days!!! Ouch!!! I was so hot and uncomfortable and couldn't sleep!

On the plus side, I was glad once he was here, it was easier to get up for night feeds when it wasn't cold.

Next time I'm hoping to be pregnant through winter and give birth in spring, perfect!

19. hanelei

hanelei Well-Known Member

I had morning sickness through the hottest summer on record in Japan, day after day of 35+ deg which feels much hotter because of the high humidity here. On the plus side though I felt much warmer than usual in winter, April was the perfect time to have a baby weather-wise here. If we have another one I will probably try for similar timing.

20. sequeena

sequeena Winging it.

This heat is awful, how can I be so warm at 3:30am??