For those of you worried

Cat

Reaction score
Mainly for you KX and Lucy, stomach muscle seperation. From having one physio tell me during my pregnancy that I will never be able to correct my degree of seperation without surgery . . . Your wrong!!!!

I had the furthest extent of seperation possible at 4 finger widths, When I went to see another physio after 6 weeks this had gone down to 3 fingers and she was confident that with me continuting to do the correct exercises I would reduce this a firther finger width within another 6 weeks and then be able to return to normal exercise as 2 fingers or less is considered the safe point.

Well the last few days I thought my stomach seemed flatter and I checked last night, and the gap is now down to 2 fingers within 3 weeks!! :happydance:

Im feeling a lot more positive and happy that I will be able to start normal exercising. So for those of you worried about the abdominals, just do the correct exercises and you will get it better!!

thats great news! for it to have gone down that fast is brilliant, well done you, hows your diet going too?

x

Im nearly half way towards my target weight. Im taking it slow but its been really easy cause I have been eating yummy food. Also till now I havent been able to exercise so hopefully this will really speed things up once I get down the gym.

Thats excellent Cat!:happydance:

What exercises have u been doing?

yea cat am curious as to excercise, as my tum is 1 big flab lol! am sure tht it will help to do sum of what you are!

Well before you can work abs you need to work the core abdominals. KX I think the reason you had problems after rebecca was because you did sit ups which actaully makes the situation worse as it pulls the core muscles further apart. Doing swimming and pilates works the core muscles. But i have been doing the basics which is to breath out and pull in the tummy muscles and hold them whilst continuing to breath DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH. do this for 10 seconds and release and do this about ten times a couple of times a day, you can also team this up with doing pelvis tilts just laying on your bed and also with your knees bent slowly move your legs form side to side as this works the muscles around the waist. I do them all the time even when Im just sitting round the house or walking etc just keep working these muscles.

That's fantastic news Cat, well done!

There's hope for me yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"