For those pregnant with a luteal phase defect....

southernbound

Reaction score
Hello ladies :) sorry for crashing first tri but I figured this was a good place to ask. Ever since my son was born my formerly textbook cycles have turned into cycles with an 8 or 9 day luteal phase and only 36 hour periods. Did any of you have this? If so what helped? I have an appointment with my doctor in June to talk about what to do before we start TTC in Sept and wanted some insight. Thanks!

My friend has this and she's now pregnant with her 3rd baby so it's definitely possible! I think she was taking some supplements so try and help lengthen it or something, can't remember what they were though!

Look into Vitex. It's an herbal supplement some women use to help regulate their cycles.

I had a 9 day luteal phase defect after my miscarriage in August. I got pregnant my 7th cycle and only Bc my dr put me on clomid to help. I know ppl who get pregnant with them though.

I had a 7/8 day lp. I took a 50mg vitamin b complex and that extended my lp over a few months to 9/10 days. Periods were still around 5 days though. This bubba is a clomid baby, but clomid alone didn't help my lp.

Good luck :)

Get natural progesterone cream. It's the best treatment for luteal phase defect. It can only help sustain a pregnancy. Make sure it's natural and not synthetic. Good luck! I am on oral progesterone supplements, but the cream works fine and you don't need a Rx for it.

Sorry, I just reread get you are ttc...ask your dr for supplements. I take 200 mg x 2. I also have luteal phase defect.

Mine wasn't really short.. But not great. 10 sometimes 11 days. I took Vitamin B6 and vitex and got my BFP on the first cycle taking them.

Awww thanks ladies! You all rock :) my doc mentioned clomid and progesterone awhile back if things didn't improve but ill definitely try b vitamins before I go see her. Unfortunately vitex wreaks havoc on my body :( otherwise I would definitely be on it.

I also tried vit b for 5 cycles. And my dr said progrsterone doesn't actually fix the problem which is typically "weak ovulation". I was ovulating but it wasn't strong enough so the eggs werent "good" essentially. Sure my 7dpo progrsterone level would be higher but not because I ovulated a more mature egg. Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->