For those who dream feed.....I have a question....

SparkleBug

Reaction score
Joseph is fab in that he goes for a bath at 7pm and conks out at 8pm every night like clockwork.....thats him until anytime between 2am and 5am then 100 odd mls and back down till anytime between 6am and 8am. My friend suggested since i am up till 11pm most nights to give him a bottle whilst he is still asleep/ or with little wakening at that point to get a better chunk of time to sleep on my part?

Well tonight i tried it at 11pm (yes i know i should be sleeping but i folded towels instead lol) and i was able to get himto take about 60mls while still sleeping but frightened he would choke etc.....then he stopped at the end of the 60mls and the mouth was firmly shut....he normally takes 100-120 in middle of night, past few nights 150!! so is this normal? Should i try to stir him more to get this dream feed into him? Or am i just being selfish and shouldnt try a dream feed in my case?

Thoughts? :shrug:

Didnt want to r and r but no advice sorry hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey hun, can't help massively because I BF and don't know the amounts she is getting but I've always done a dreamfeed and up til last week was getting through to 6 or 7ish, which was absolute bliss!! I would say, give it a few days and see if it's working for you...I know some people who didn't get on with it but for me it was a lifesaver.

I found that it took about 4/5 nights for LO to get use to dream feeding. At first she hardly took anything but now she takes between 2-4oz, I have tried her with more but she never drinks more than 4oz. That keeps her topped up until about 6am. Hope that helps x

I dream feed Vinnie too.
He has his bath and bed between 7-8pm. Then he gets a dream feed between 10-10.30pm of which he drinks around 3-4oz while still asleep. That's him till 6.30am then. :) xx

I have never noticed a difference with LO sleeping longer with the dream feeds. I do notice also that he doesnt seem to drink as much but with BF it is hard to tell. Whether I dream feed or wake him for a feed, he still sleeps 7-8 hours from the time he went to bed to begin with.

I occasionally dream feed now (dependant on how much she has drunk during day) but I used to dream feed every night for a month or so. Bed at 7 or 8pm, I would dream feed whenever I was going to bed (normally 11pm) and even though sometimes she would only take a few ounces it would just drag out her sleep for several hours. Some nights when I went to bed too early to dream feed she would wake up at 0200 and drink 4-5oz and then sleep until 7am or 8am. When I gave her a dream feed of only 2oz at 11pm she would then wake at 0500 for a big feed and then carry on sleeping until 9am! I loved dream feeding! I was awake anyway, so feeding wasnt a big deal. I hated going to sleep at 11pm and then being woken up a few hours later.

Not bad at all.....its giving me at least an extra two hours!! Im chuffed! He still only takes about 70 mls but hey thats ok with me!! Xxxxx

Dream feeding is a wonderful invention, rella has 90 odd ml at 11pm then that's it until 7 :)

I've never heard of dream feeding until recently on BnB. How do you dream feed? Do you take the baby out of his crib to feed? Do you burp him when hes done? I'm sure my LO would wake up!

Freya still takes 5oz at her dreamfeed! She's only got a little appetite thou and only takes between 5-6 ozs on all her feeds. Takes her through til 7am thou. Withput it, she wakes at 3am, and I function better with 6 hours unbroken sleep, than 6 hours broken! Health visitor reckons she'll start dropping it herself once she's on solids x

I've never heard of dream feeding until recently on BnB. How do you dream feed? Do you take the baby out of his crib to feed? Do you burp him when hes done? I'm sure my LO would wake up!

I never heard of it before BnB either. I just pick LO up squeeze out a little milk, and tickle his nose. Almost immediately he starts drinking. He is done about 10 minutes later. Burping isn't generally required because they dont suck in air like they do when they are awake. The drinking is kind of a reflex so they don't even wake up but have no problem drinking and swallowing. The idea is that their belly is full so they sleep through the next feed. I don't notice a difference but others swear by it!

I attempt to dream feed but my LO wakes up in the process. He's in bed by 9pm and then I dream feed him around 11 or 12 before I get to bed. I've noticed that if I do this he sleeps until 5am but if I don't he wakes up before 2am so in my case it's working.

It's much easier with a bottle, I used to express just for her dream feed. I am a mother who swears by it. Genious idea! The reflex to suckle is incredibly strong, one that a person will do unconscious. By gently tapping my LOs mouth with the teat of the bottle (my LO is weird and likes to feed laying down so I don't move her) she instantly starts feeding and with speed! I never burp and I just let her stop of her own accord. She remains asleep and I get 8-10 (sometimes 14?!) hours of uninterrupted sleep. If I feed my LO awake she giggles and wriggles and talks to me with the teat in her mouth and then becomes excited and I have to re-settle her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->