for those who find it hard buying all they need for baby

ethans_mummy

ethan and erin-rose
Reaction score
hiya i just thought id make a post for those of u like me who are on low income and sometime struggle to buy all the baby essentials you'll need.
me and my partner signed up to a page called FREECYCLE a few months ago to have a nosey, its a group where ppl give away unwanted items they have and ive also given away alot of boys clothes and other house hold items i have but ive also been given my kind people 2 moses basket stabnd, sterliser, baby bath and a baby travel bath they are all in great condition and have really helped us out as we do not get the 500 maternity grant and now the money we have save can go towards buying other more expensive thing. id advice u all to give it ago as u can post requests of thing u would like to . xx

Freecycle (or Freegle as our one is now called) is fab. We used it to get rid of our excess furniture so we could make a start on the nursery (it would have been £40 to get it taken away by the council) and had takers for everything within the hour.....all gone by 4:30pm the same day. :D

Freecycle is ace! After I spent a fortune on things for my son I started to buy things on eBay and freecycle. He loved the new things no different to the second hand but got so much more!

love freecycle. I'm also finding a lot of cheaper things on craigslist.

Have a look at Freegle as well, it's very similar to freecycle. Also netmums has regional nearly new boards; some things are given away, others sold very cheaply.

i forgot about freecycle . Lol. I signed up months ago when my sis got her first flat n needed everything. Thanks for the reminder. Xx

I love freecycle too.

Also if you go on ebay and look for stuff within a 10 mile radius you can get some bargains. I got a mamas and papas lottie the ladybird playmat (normally £50) for £1.50 and it was only a couple of miles down the road. Also if you go on https://www.fatfingers.co.uk/ you can search for stuff on there that has spelling mistakes in the title that normally wouldn't come up under a normal search so otherwise wouldn't be seen.

Freecycle is fab you've reminded me I need to put my old Maclaren on there. :thumbup:

Wonder if anything like this in the U.S.

It is! I went and checked it out, freecycle is worldwide, and they have a group right in my town!

Thanks to the OP for this! I had always just assumed it was only a UK thing but I'm so glad I checked! I'm still waiting for my membership to be activated though...

im glad it helps so many of us out. least we can all help each other out when were pregnant i mean our government dont do anything to help pregnant women. xx

Freecycle is fantastic. I rediscovered my love for eBay last night. I'm desperate for some maternity jeans and tops but am feeling the pinch at the moment as I've just bought a new car and every spare penny is being thrown at that to make sure that it's paid off by the time I give up work at the end of April. Hubby is happy to help me buy the odd thing but doesn't really want to stump up for a new wardrobe for me (fair comment).
I stuck maternity jeans into eBay last night and was overwhelmed with the sheer choice! Even when I narrowed it down to my size I still got 10 pages worth. I ended up buying a pair of M&P jeans on buy it now for £3 plus £3 p&p. I am a happy bunny. I'm watching about 8 other pairs all with starting bids of 99p and most with no bids! I have no problem with second hand. I didn't really want to but something new that I'll only wear for a few months and then put away until the next one.
We've already been given a Moses Basket and baby bath, but I'll certainly be having a nose for other bits.
Gumtree is another place to snap up some bargains.

I know what you mean about maternity clothing. It seems silly to waist money on new maternity clothing since we won't be wearing them a long time. I looked through second hand stores and everything there is soooo ugly. Do I have to look like a sack of potatoes???

i just go to primark and buy a bigger sixe if i need to coz then aint spending to much coz maternity clothes can be expensive

I got three pairs of maternity pants, two shirts, a sweater, and a blazer all brand new either with or without tags for $53 on eBay with free shipping because the store was running a sale just before New Years. It is an amazing place for sure! I also got a maternity pillow that usually costs upwards of $80 for about $40 including shipping, and a Best Prenatal Cradle for about half retail price including shipping. Anything we buy pretty much I check on eBay before making a purchase just to be sure it wouldn't be a lot cheaper on there.

I got three pairs of maternity pants, two shirts, a sweater, and a blazer all brand new either with or without tags for $53 on eBay with free shipping because the store was running a sale just before New Years. It is an amazing place for sure! I also got a maternity pillow that usually costs upwards of $80 for about $40 including shipping, and a Best Prenatal Cradle for about half retail price including shipping. Anything we buy pretty much I check on eBay before making a purchase just to be sure it wouldn't be a lot cheaper on there.

yea im the same ive been checking ebay 1st to. last week i bought a brand new crib bedding set handmade by the person i bought it from for 17pound which i thought was amazing as bedding can be really expensive and the fact that it was handmade made it even betterr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->