For those who have had a bfp ...

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
When did you dip your toe into the first tri forum?
Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but wasn't sure where was appropriate. I got positives yesterday and today and just wondered when people decided to partake in the first tri forum ...
I feel extremely excited but also extremely cautious because we have had so many chemicals and I don't want to get ahead of myself but I also want to leave the worry behind and enjoy every second of this

I first went on 1st tri after i got a really dark positive.But this was back before i had had any chemicals and was quite naive to the chances of it not being a sticky bean. Now ive had a chemical and have struggled ttc again i think i will be in the same boat as you. I think all you can do is wait till you are comfortable x that you feel relaxed about the pregnancy xxx hugs

Ah the days where you didn't think anything could possibly go wrong. I remember that, it was bliss.
I'm thinking if we are lucky enough to get as far as a positive digi then perhaps may be a good time. I don't know. I could sit here worrying until a twelve week scan and totally miss out on these first precious weeks. But although I do feel positive about this, I'm still scared it won't happen

I thibk we need to try and remember that previous chemicals have no influence on later pregnancies x yes we are more guarded now but this pregnancy has as much chance of being perfect as anyone elses pregnancy :) we are scared of getting hurt again but unless anything haooens to give us cause for concern we need to enjoy everyday :) x youve got your rainbow hun !!!!!!

That's so true. I'm just used to it happening. We've been trying for about a year and a half which isn't long compared to many, but in that time we've had ... twelve chemicals I think! Nine I marked down on the app, but I know there's been about three I didn't. But I did things differently this cycle so I'm hoping that's made all the difference and this one will stay put and be healthy

I think with DS, I waited until I saw his heartbeat on our 8-week scan. <3

I joined a due date group the day of my bfp. It was quite as dark as control line but far from a squinter. I had a positive feeling but still had that worry. I tried to steer clear of the actual first tri forum. I thought it would make me more anxious about a loss.

Thanks everyone <3
I think given I have had a positive digi, my FRERs seem to be progressing nicely as are ICs and I already made a journal and tickers I think I will just go for it because start as you mean to go on and all that, determined to be positive about this and I'd kick myself if I didn't make the most of every moment out of worry

We aren't telling anyone though. Eldest knows and is happy, but he's sixteen and old enough to understand it all, plus he knew we were ttc anyway. I told three friends who also knew we were ttc but that's it. I'm debating whether to tell my dad as I think he'd be happy for us. I'd love to tell my sister but I think she's going to be negative about it

So happy for you happy!
What things did you do different? Xx

We BD'd every other day (usually we would BD everyday right around ovulation), I used soy isoflavones for CD3-CD7 doing 50mg, 50mg, 75mg, 75mg then 100mg on the last day. I ovulate regularly but wanted to increase chances of a good strong, health egg and increased oestrogen.
I drank fertility tea (nettle, red clover, raspberry leaf & peppermint) and 200ml pomegranate juice daily from when af finished until a day or two before ovulation to help thicken my lining.
I kept on with my usual prenatals, extra B complex, extra B6 but I added extra vitamin E (to help with lining), extra D3 (but within safe limits) and extra folic acid.
I didn't use evening primrose oil up to ovulation because I didn't remember to buy the liquid and have trouble swallowing the capsules.
I used a hot water bottle on my feet and uterus area to keep both warm as in TCM they believe keeping these warm helps.
I made sure to eat mixed nuts daily, especially Brazil nuts (5 daily during lp helps increase progesterone with extra selenium but it's important not to overdo it)m walnuts and almonds.
I tried to remember to eat probiotic yoghurt daily.
I added chickpeas to soup for protein because I don't eat much in the way of protein and this is an essential building block!
I drink plenty of water daily, most of the time.
I did a little yoga and tai chi and walking but I don't exercise as much as I should ... having said that we have a million stairs in our house which are hard work lol
Oh, and I prayed so much that this would be our month, I think someone listened!
I can't think of anything else but if I do I will post it :)

Oh yes, and I'm on Cyclogest at 2x400mg pessaries daily spaced twelve hours apart to keep the level stable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->