for those who have started buying baby clothes...

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Just wondering ladies- what sizes are you all buying?
I started buying various bits and bobs about 3 weeks ago. Ie: sleep suits, onesies etc: but just recently, myself, family and Nicky's dad, have been buying clothes that look really big. I mean I know babies grow but it's not too early for 'bigger' clothes, right? The label says 0-3 months, but they look HUUUUGE compared to the sleep suits. It's things like the little sets; trousers, tshirts, that look real big.
At what stage were you getting these kind of clothes?
I have become addicted to buying those sleep suits that come in packs of 3 but kids grow so fast that Im beginning to wonder whether buyin so many of the same sizes has been a bad decision, yet at the same time, Im thinking that buying them too big is a bad choice too, so I cant really win.​

Louise

I had to have Tiny Baby and Newborn stuff for Ky when he was born because he was a "small" baby at 61b 9.5 (Didn't feel like that to me!) - Some babies will have to wear 0-3 months from birth, but thats generally 9lb plus babies. I wouldn't buy too much in Newborn as this seems to be the size they grow out of the fastest!

-Don't worry about people buying you bigger stuff because its nice to have some bigger clothes that you don't have to buy when baby moves into a bigger size!

Louise

I had to have Tiny Baby and Newborn stuff for Ky when he was born because he was a "small" baby at 61b 9.5 (Didn't feel like that to me!) - Some babies will have to wear 0-3 months from birth, but thats generally 9lb plus babies. I wouldn't buy too much in Newborn as this seems to be the size they grow out of the fastest!

-Don't worry about people buying you bigger stuff because its nice to have some bigger clothes that you don't have to buy when baby moves into a bigger size!
Thanks for the reply.
We don't even have an inkling as to how big the little one is going to be. I mean just recently I have had alot of people saying "Are you due soon", because apparently my stomache looks THAT big compared to my tiny frame, but the size of the baby bump cant really be used to judge the size of the baby.
The dr's suspect that my little en will be no more than 6lb, but I beg to differ on that one.
Do you think its a little too early to be buying clothes? I mean what were the first things that you started to buy and when did you begin to shop properly?
I havent started shopping properly yet. We do buy the odd bit of clothing here and there and the only main thing we have so far is the pram, and thats because it was on offer for £160, so we couldnt really miss out on that, but other than that we really havent got much.

Have you got any advice at all?? - it would be grately appreciated. x x

I don't think its too early to be buying clothes - I've been buying for the new baby already, even though I have a lot but I wanted to get some Pink things!
The only things I havn't got is all the stuff I'm going to need because to me, thats the boring stuff!

I think the main thing is you have all the essentials. Clothes wise, I think my "Essentials" list Was:-
6-8 vests
2-4 blankets
4-6 sleepsuits
1-2 cardigans/jumpers
1-2 shawl or cotton blanket
1-2 hats
4-6 pairs socks
1-2 pairs scratch mittens
1-2 Side-snap tees
2-4 Rompers
2-4 Bibs
6-8 Hangers

Hope that helps a bit.

6-8 vests
2-4 blankets
4-6 sleepsuits
1-2 cardigans/jumpers
1-2 shawl or cotton blanket
1-2 hats
4-6 pairs socks
1-2 pairs scratch mittens
1-2 Side-snap tees
2-4 Rompers
2-4 Bibs
6-8 Hangers

I brought whats highlighted-
but in regards to bottles, dummies, sterolizes (cant spell that)- changing mats- those kinds of things-
do you tend to get these when baby is brought home? if not, how long before the due date should we start to buy them?
Then there is the nursery furniture which Im not keen on buying just yet, but how long would you suggest we leave it before buying?

I dont really have a clue as I am new to all of this.
Once again though, thanks for the advice x

since I had a 9 pound baby and then a 10 pound baby I wont but any newborn stuff. I start off at 3 month clothing.

since I had a 9 pound baby and then a 10 pound baby I wont but any newborn stuff. I start off at 3 month clothing.
Wow. Big babies.
Is this the avergae weight though?

for me yes, normally you are looking at a 6 to 8 pound bundle of joy :0)

for me yes, normally you are looking at a 6 to 8 pound bundle of joy :0)
So im guessing youre expecting another big bub?
I dunno what to expect as so far my baby has not measured too big or too small; I was a small baby and my mother was a small woman, but again, you cant really tell!

Maddie was 6lb 5 so she had tiny baby ...

Because of being induced i have brought the same again

xxx

Since he will be here a week early I am thinking 10.5 lbs on my little guy

Jonny was 9lb 2 and didn't fit in any newborn and grew out of 0-3 within three weeks. So second time around I bought all 0-3, as second babies are uasaully bigger! Frankie was 7lb 2, so average size but only fit in tiny baby sizes and she still is only in 0-3 now at nearly 6 months!! You just cant tell! Get a variety of sizes and keep the receipts!

Hiya Louise,

I've not bought any newborn stuff (I have a feeling he's going to be big!)

I've got (just a guesstimate)

15-20 Bodysuits (Short Sleeve - diff sizes)
8 sleepsuit (Full body - diff sizes)
Day wear (Pants, t-shirts, jumpers etc) Diff sizes up to 9 months
Loadsa Bibs
Scratch mits & booties x2
Quite a few lil hats
Blankets

Got steriliser
Nappy bin
bottles
dummies
Monitor
Range of nappies
Baby wipes
Baby bath & Tummy Tub
Moses Basket
Rocking Crib
Travel System
Stroller pram (Given to me)
A few little toys

To be honest I've been avoiding making a list (I hate lists)....but think I'm going to have to. I'll have to sort out what else we need.

I've been quite lucky two of my friends have had boys this year so they are going to give me a load of clothes. I'm going to stop buying until I've got everything off them, then make a list and go out and get the last bits and bobs when I start my mat leave!

WOW Sam,
You have got LOADS of things lol. AND you're currently decorating the nusery too? Talk about organized.
I really have gone overboard with those body suits. We must have about 20 odd +. Actually taking another look at your list, it seems you have gone equally as crazy for them

I just see tiny things and just fall in love with them!

Chris (my OH) just had to practically drag me out of mothercare I would have got all sorts!

Here's a few of the things we have

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44499031&mcb=core

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44499031&mcb=core

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...11940?ie=UTF8&n=42845041&s=&v=glance&mcb=core

(I hope I don't get shouted at for posting links....Eeeek!)

I just see tiny things and just fall in love with them!

Chris (my OH) just had to practically drag me out of mothercare I would have got all sorts!

Here's a few of the things we have

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...11940?ie=UTF8&n=42845041&s=&v=glance&mcb=core

(I hope I don't get shouted at for posting links....Eeeek!)
And I always thought mothercare was expensive. The first set is so cute and SOOO cheap too.
I have been shopping at "Patch" and "Adams", and to buy something like the first outfit would set ya back £12 or more.
Like I said in your other post, I havent seen mothercare in notts for about 5 years. There's defintely no store in the city centre as I remember when they closed them down. How bizzarre.
Lovely outfits though. I like the green stripey one....

By the way, how is your little man today?

He's been busy all day....kept me awake til early hours too! Well him and the horrific heartburn:hissy: !

He's been busy all day....kept me awake til early hours too! Well him and the horrific heartburn:hissy: !
I have only had it in small doses, thankfully. (The heartburn that is)
My little en has been a busy bee today, too! I think he's sleeping now though. Bless hsi heart!

i will be buying clothes once i know what im having, i love mothercare clothes.

Coby was 9lbs 7oz and didnt fit in any newborn stuff, so i will be buying 0-3 this time round

x

I'm not as far on as you ladies, but I've got some stuff, - Mam has more, Granny's privilege apparently.... she has pram, bath/changing station, mobiles, rocker, door hanger bouncy thing, walking chair thing, sheets, blankets, clothes, alsorts!

I've got some tiny baby clothes, just incase baby is tiny, a few newborn outfits, and a 0-3 month pooh bear top. Thinking of waiting for maternity grant to go proper clothes shopping though....but I just can't help myself when I see something cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->