For those who take metformin..

MaybeBaby1013

Reaction score
Did you have a difficult time weaning up to your recommended dosage? Right now I'm only able to tolerate 500mg once per day, when I'm supposed to take it twice. I only tried it twice in one day once and I spent the next day in bed crying from how bad the gas pains in my stomach were.

Is the 500mg per day even going to help? I've been monitoring my sugar and since starting it, my levels have always been normal. On the higher end of normal but still within the limits.

Hey my doctor said to me that to continue with the same dose until you settle in more and then up it. It worked for me doing it that way. I've been off it for a while now and so scared to go back on it because I hate how sick I got! Xxx

I take 1500 mg a day no problem, I only started on it about 3 weeks ago and was told to wean up each week but since I didn't have symptoms I went up every 3 days.
Are you on extended release? (ER or XR) I am and I've heard the standard release is alot harsher on the tummy!

I'm on the standard version. I have to check my prescription coverage booklet to see if the XR is in there because this stomach pain is too rough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->