For those with 6 or 7 year old boys

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
What toys do they like to play with? What do they enjoy doing the most?

Unfortunately, mine doesn't play as you would say with toys too much anymore. He's more into his DS or playstation. If he does play with toys, it's his army guys.

His birthday is coming up and I am afraid that what the other kids will bring him will be played with for one day and then end up in a corner taking up space. Thus, I am only buying him clothes for his birthday this year.

Outdoor stuff... summer is on its way, I'm sure he'd like water guns and soccer balls and stuff like that!

Landon just turned 7 and he's really into Lego right now. He's old enough to put them together on his own reading the directions so he loves that, he's really proud of it when he's done. He's also into the army guys, GI Joe stuff, star wars stuff. He loves baseball so that type of outdoor thing too. He got a slip n slide for his bday and he is thrilled about that can't wait to use it when it gets warm enough

Yes, I think some summer stuff would be good and I was thinking of that. Slip and slide is a good idea as well as the water guns :)

Really trying to think of some things just in case other moms ask me what to get him.

At the end of the school year I plan to get Jayden and Amanda some roller blades so they can practice more before I put them in roller blading hockey next fall.

Lego is a good one! My younger brother still loves it, and he's 8! They also do a big bucket of Lego army men that are modelled on the ones from Toy Story, which are really cool!

ben likes lego, he goes through phases will play with it everyday for a week, then leave it for 2, he also likes the cars from the film, and ben10 action figures, loves playing on trampoline

I've got him a pile of clothes, and have seen a dual slip and slide with body boards that is pretty cool.

We got the one like that but triple lane since we have 3 lol

My eldest is 5 and since the weather got a bit better he hasn't really played on his DS, he likes to be outdoors all the time so I'd have thought outdoor stuff was a good idea, Thomas has been playing with his football a lot lately or something like lego that will last a while

My step son has just turned 7 and he is literally glued to his DS, he would play with it literally 6 hours at a time if he was left to his own devices!

Though he loves, ben 10, spongebob and stuff like that! in the summer though, he is very much an outdoor boy, if the sun is shining, give him a paddling pool, a football and such things and he will be out there all day!

Providing you have a garden and that we get a hot summer, with boys i dont think you can go far wrong with outdoor play equiptment or outdoor toys! there are plenty of bits and bobs out there! the ELC had a brilliant selection when i went in there the other week for all ages!

He wanted a watch today and got it as an early birthday gift. Never would have thought. LOL

His best friend's mom will get the slip and slide for his bday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->