for those with a doppler. HB and movement question

ProudMum

Reaction score
Just found batteries for my doppler that I hadnt used in a few days
Anyway as soon as I got the doppler on my belly, baby was going crazy with moving... his heart rate shot up to 172-180 and then calmed to about 149-155 but everytime he moved it shot back up to 170's and its worrying me greatly...

Anyone else give me an example of their babies HB when using the doppler wen baby is active?

my lo heartbeat goes up when he moves about so i'd say it was normal. its normally around the 130-140 mark but when he's been moving (or the midwife has been prodding him lol) it can go up to 150-160bpm x

its normal for their heartrate to rise when they are active just the same as a child or adults does

Mine has a really fast HB even when resting let alone moving but my midwife doesn't seem concerned.
xx

I think it's normal hun. I noticed a higher heartrate when she had hiccups the other night too. It's only if it doesn't return to normal I think, plus activity is always a good thing.x

It's definitely normal. Now if his HB takes a dip while he is moving, that's when you should worry. But, sounds to me like he is a healthy happy baby! :)

Just found batteries for my doppler that I hadnt used in a few days
Anyway as soon as I got the doppler on my belly, baby was going crazy with moving... his heart rate shot up to 172-180 and then calmed to about 149-155 but everytime he moved it shot back up to 170's and its worrying me greatly...

Anyone else give me an example of their babies HB when using the doppler wen baby is active?

I would be worried if baby didn't do this. Acclerations are normal expecially with movements and is a healthy sign. So it sounds as though the baseline is between 149-155 with accelerations, therefore normal. :)

I told my doctor that I was worried because I checked the heart beat and it was about 15 beats per minute faster, and then later if was a lot slower than normal. She said that this is healthy and it would be a problem if the heartbeat did not change in relevance to the movement. So it sounds normal to me! :)

Your baby sounds just fine, I do non-stress tests twice a week and this is exactly what they are looking for, when baby moves their heart rate should rise.

Your baby sounds just fine, I do non-stress tests twice a week and this is exactly what they are looking for, when baby moves their heart rate should rise.

I do them twice a week as well and if she doesn't accelerate I get sent to the hospital.

A varied heartrate is perfectly normal and signifies a happy baby. As long as it wasnt dropping below 100 and not exceeding 180bpm then don't worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->