For those with long cycles.

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by plutosblue, Mar 31, 2011.

1. plutosblue

plutosblue Mum of 2 & duffed.

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to add this little thread as when I was looking for myself I really struggled to find anything positive regarding TTC and long irregular cycles.

:blush:

My cycles range from 11 months to 1 month apart, after several months floating around on doctor google I was convinced I wasn't ovulating, that even if I did my egg would be old and crusty and that I would never have children. I went to my doctor and had simple hormone bloods taken and an ultrasound for PCOS - all clear. She deemed me as "Different with no reason to be" :wacko:

Anyhoo! I continued on as normal, I think I ovulated on CD 81, felt different and had some new symptoms and got my BFP on a digi on CD 94..

I just wanted to give those ladies hope that - don't listen to google! :haha:
    Even ladies with long cycles can get thier BFP and I just wanted to offer some hope because I was driving myself potty !!

I'm not adding this thread to upset anyone - as heaven knows when I was here every BFP I saw I thought why not me? I just really thought it might bring some hope to those who - like me, have no reason to be not having normal cycles.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

2. August79

August79 Mommy to two

Wishing you a h&h nine months! So great of you to offer hope like this!

3. sarina53172

sarina53172 Guest

congratulations

4. heres_hoping

heres_hoping Angel mummy to Robert

Thanks plutosblue, that's exactly what I needed to hear today (on CD83!)

re: the "old and crusty eggs" bit- I've read loads (also via google) that if you ovulate late in the cycle the egg'll be less good quality, but I've been thinking about this (and reading published books on fertility which confirmed my suspicion)-it makes no difference as we're born with all our eggs. Still very frustrated as you were with apparant lack of ovulation though and looong cycles.

Were you trying anything to shorten/regulate yours, or just get on with it? Dr has taken bloods form me "normal", now waiting for scan...meanwhile I'm trying accupuncture, as much to make me feel like I'm doing something as a real hope that it'll work!

H&H 9 months to you xx

5. plutosblue

plutosblue Mum of 2 & duffed.

Yeah I read the same things, but I don't really believe it, as much as scientifically it may be true, I would like to think my body is the way it is because that is how it is meant to be, not that I am broken. :shrug:

I tried agnus cactus/ovarian massage/temping for a bit but it didn't reallty work for me :blush: So I stopped using it and just decided to have sex for the sake of having sex as the strain was getting to the both of us.

I know the cliche is to relax, but this was the month I just thought, oh I can't be bothered, what will be will be :wacko:

Yeah they scanned me for PCOS and I got the all clear some time ago.

:hugs: I hope this is your month lovely - I know all too well how horrible it is having less chances each year than those with normal cycles. :hugs:

6. court.

court. Trying to stay positive

Congrats and thank you for the words of encouragement !!

7. heres_hoping

Morning ladies, just thouht I'd resurrect this thread to give you all another boost of hope. I got my BFP two days ago on CD 97, after o'ing on CD83!

So, don't let anyone tell you it isn't possible, it sure is! I put mine down to accupuncture (had 4 sesssions- big thread on it elsewhere) So if you're starting to pull your hair out over long cycles/ not knowing whta's going on/generally getting super stressed about it all- I would definately look into trying it.

Good luck and baby dust!

xx

8. wannababycoop

wannababycoop Well-Known Member

Grats!!! May it be a very sticky bean!! :)

9. mummy.wannabe

mummy.wannabe Going through IVF

this does give me hope. my cycles arent aslong as yours, my last cycle was the shortest 1 id ever had, it was 58 days but the other cycles were more like 60-80days long.

did you use ovulation kits to know when you ovulated? i dont yet do this as i think i would find it stressful doing it everyday.

i have just started taking agnus castus and evening primrose to see if that shortens my cycles x
    what advice would you give me, like when was best to BD, did you BD regulary from the end of your peroid?

my husband is away for 4 weeks now and only back at weekends so if my cycles are long, im still not likely to ovulate until a good few weeks or so am i? (i finished my peroid on 8th april)

10. mummy.wannabe

congratulations to you two ladies too xx

11. sunshine314

sunshine314 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you two ladies :) I hope you both have happy and healthy pregnancys. This is encouraging news as I have long cycles too.

I have a question for you all though...when you ovulated that late, how did you know it? Were you doing OPKs or charting or did you just know by your EWCM? Did you OPKs actually come out positive?

12. heres_hoping

Well I gave up on OPKs- never got a positive and it was really getting me down. I just paid attention to CM and DTD when I noticed egg white CM, and when we felt like it, and it worked! Good luck to you xx

13. wanna_bump

wanna_bump Well-Known Member

thanks for that post. i have long cycles, usually about 45 days, though this one is up to cd67! congratulations on your pregnancy have a greay 9 months x

14. mummy.wannabe

ok thanks so much and glad you said you didnt use the OPKs because i dont do it either.
    i dont see alot of diference in my CM Sor maybe im not looking for it,or dont really know what im looking for x

15. AmyB1080

AmyB1080 Member

I am currently on CD 91 but I am very crampy. Did you just take ept's every so often and one finally came out positive? Best of Luck!

16. heres_hoping

I did for a while, then gave up with that too as it was really getting me down getting BFNs all the time! I went to GP to ask for investigation and she suggested a scan to check for PCOS (Have date for that and going to keep it- just becuase I've been lucky, I still want to know why my cycles are so long)

This time, I was just sure I'd o'd because I suddenly got a proper sustained temp shift (have a look at my chart) when prior to that it'd been really up and down. When it was still high 12 days later and I started feeling nausea and frequent urination, I thought, oh well lets just see..turned out to be my BFP!

If you are worried about cycle lenght, I would def go and see GP- I know they say try for 12 months before going for help, but mine agreed to investigate when i told her i'd been trying for 6 months and only had one period in that time, and I explained how depressed I was getting because of it.

Good luck xx

17. Soili

Soili Well-Known Member

heres_hoping, OMG!!! This is so freaking awesome!! Major congratulations!! It's amazed me to no end hearing about BFPs past CD50.

18. heres_hoping

Thanks Soili! Was wondering whether to PM you the news or not, but I guess you know now! I can't quite believe it either, but just proves it can be done! :happydance:

19. Soili

Soili Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm so happy to hear about that! That's exactly it, proves it can be done, I love good news like that! :happydance:

20. Damita

Damita Mummy of 2 <3

Congrats :) makes me feel better, I'm on CD51 at the moment :wacko: