For Vejables & All stay at home Moms

Cheyanne

Reaction score
WIC (Women Infants Children) is a wonderful program! My son had to have special high dollar formula because he was lactose intolerant. WIC provides for families with children age five and under. You get formula, regular milk, baby cereal, breakfast cereal, Oatmeal, cheese, eggs, beans, a variety of juices and a few other items. It's always more than enough. If you choose to breast feed, they'll provide a hospital grade pump...to keep! Sign up for mailing lists for cupons..baby products. When my kids were little, I frequented yard sales in the really swanky (rich) neighborhoods. I got clothes, blankets, toys etc..with the tags still on and for dirt cheap. I even got a brand new high chair, car seat and walker..all for $100. Here's a quick story about my daughter's nursery. All of her bedding, decorations, play pen and changing table came from one of these yard sales. My mom bought them from a grandmother whose daughter gave birth to a still born daughter just months before. It was kind of sad, but I felt honored to use them. If you're set on staying home, it can be done. My friends and I got together every few months to go through clothes our kids had outgrown. We passed them along to a friend whose child could wear them. We did this toys, car sets, books, movies, etc. Our kids are older now, but we still do this. It saves a ton of money! Maybe yall can use this site to find moms that live in your area and create of these clubs. If you have any other questions, just let me know. I'll be glad to offer any advice I can come up with.

cheyanne,

thanks so much for the info. i have an appointment on tuesday to sign up for wic, and even though im moving to tennessee in a month, they said it will follow me there. you have made me feel a little more at ease about staying at home, and i really hope i can be as successful as you have been. i hope we can keep in touch so you can keep pushing me in the right direction lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->