FOR YOUR FYI - For those who may not know

dannydustcart

Reaction score
Theres a maternity grant £500.00 avilable and its not just for those on JSA.
It can be claimed from 32 weeks. I think we may qualify and both me and hubby work..

Look it up on government website....... :)

People keep on telling me this and Ive googled and googled but all I can find is the sure start grant where you have to be claiming JSA or working tax credits with a disability part....

I don't suppose you have a link to this do you?? I'm obviously no good at finding the right info :dohh:

If youre claiming any kind of tax credits you can get it :D I think anyways lol.
Apply for it anyways.

People keep on telling me this and Ive googled and googled but all I can find is the sure start grant where you have to be claiming JSA or working tax credits with a disability part....

Yeah im the same, i cant find it either. x

I think if you apply for tax credits after baby is born, then you get a code for your claim and you put that on the grant form and thats how we get it.

yeh they r really strict but do what ag said thats what we r gona do as u have up to 3 months to claim after baby is born xx

I thought everyone was entitled to it? Im sure i read somewhere that its a thing that the government is doing now and if your earning less than some amount a year, whether your on benefits or not you get it?

Im on JSA atm, but hopefully getting a christmas job in the next few weeks which means i wont be getting it right? So does that mean i wont get the maternity grant?

You can claim if you receive tax credits of any kind.
I got it with my second DS,I received a form off the midwife at around 22 weeks I think and you can claim from 25 weeks onwards(may be a little off with weeks,sorry)
The form has to be signed by your midwife stating you are pregnant etc

They are then pretty quick at sending you the cheque.

We get working tax credits so we qualified.

Don't miss it,that is very useful for baby stuff you need!

You can also get the form at the jobcentre.

https://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Dev_013950.xml.html

Here you go.

Hx

Im not claiming credits at the moment cos as a singler person im on over 19k, and OH is on 14k, but one I am on maty leave I will just get the basic SMP & CB and that is not going to go far :(. I am going to apply for everything I can!!!

I'm gonna have to wait then I think as I'm not entitled to claim any tax credits at the moment.. can't get working tax credits as I'm not over 25 and no child tax credits as this is my first... meh they don't make it easy do they!!

Oh well I'll wait til its born and then apply I suppose!

It cant hurt to fill the form in!!!
Im border line with it, Im going to attempt to get it. We dont get WTC but we do get help with child care. so maybe, a small chance, maybe i might qualify!
YIPEE

hmmm wonder about family taxcredits

So even though im not working at the mo and claiming incapicity benefit i cant recieve this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->